Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good exhaust shop east of Sac? I'm in Auburn and I don't know of any spectacular ones in town, but I'd definitely be willing to drive down to Sac to save some cash and/or get some superior work. Please let me know if you know of any good places.
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Where ever you go DO NOT GO TO WEST COAST MUFFLER on auburn blvd in citrus heights. They did a worse job than a 5 yr old. I am still trying to get my money back:mad3:

·
Registered
10,417 Posts
Where ever you go DO NOT GO TO WEST COAST MUFFLER on auburn blvd in citrus heights. They did a worse job than a 5 yr old. I am still trying to get my money back:mad3:
I'm not sure if that is the place I went or not, sorta in the neighborhood of harborfreight just up from target. Anyhoo that place did a kick ass job on mine for $100

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
I'm not sure if that is the place I went or not, sorta in the neighborhood of harborfreight just up from target. Anyhoo that place did a kick ass job on mine for $100
]
Nope, this place is across from roush park and there is a bowling ally there.

The cat is about a 1/8 inch from the plastic fuel lines, the downpipe is about an 1/8 inch from the clutch slave cyl, and I asked them to tuck it up as good as they can and this is what I got.:mad3:

As you can see, I had to adjust my mount around the exhaust so I could go on a trip.

·
Registered
9,563 Posts
If you get over here to Placerville, Casper's Muffler is on Missouri Flat Road across from the Chevron. 530-626-6751

The new owner is also named Steve, he's very good, been doing this forever.

They do all of our work from the Semi to the 4x4's

Rich

·
Registered
756 Posts
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good exhaust shop east of Sac? I'm in Auburn and I don't know of any spectacular ones in town, but I'd definitely be willing to drive down to Sac to save some cash and/or get some superior work. Please let me know if you know of any good places.
Thanks!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?:D

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
I forgot to mention that the rear of the exhaust FELL OUT of the hangers and wont go back in. (it never hit anything, just fell out!)

So, I called west coast mufflers and told them that this is just not working and I was deff NOT satisfied and that I would give them one more chance to make it right before I asked for my money back. I have already been there twice, once when they installed it and once later to ask them to tuck it up better and move the cat away from vital/hazardous parts.

They told me to pound sand (exact words"good luck with that, we'll NEVER give you ANY money back, go somewhere else) and the hung up on me:shaking:

Looks like Ill be going to small claims after Marco (also in Rocklin) does it right.
BTW, it was around $500.

·
Registered
9,563 Posts
I forgot to mention that the rear of the exhaust FELL OUT of the hangers and wont go back in. (it never hit anything, just fell out!)

So, I called west coast mufflers and told them that this is just not working and I was deff NOT satisfied and that I would give them one more chance to make it right before I asked for my money back. I have already been there twice, once when they installed it and once later to ask them to tuck it up better and move the cat away from vital/hazardous parts.

They told me to pound sand (exact words"good luck with that, we'll NEVER give you ANY money back, go somewhere else) and the hung up on me:shaking:

Looks like Ill be going to small claims after Marco (also in Rocklin) does it right.
BTW, it was around $500.
Make sure you contact the local BBB and the BAR.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.