Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good exhaust shop east of Sac? I'm in Auburn and I don't know of any spectacular ones in town, but I'd definitely be willing to drive down to Sac to save some cash and/or get some superior work. Please let me know if you know of any good places.
Thanks!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Marco Muffler in Orangevalle did my car and the price was well worth it. and it was the best price I found.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Had my '66 Nova done by the guys at M&M on 49 right here in Auburn. They did a great job.

Duals, reused my Flowmasters with side exit chrome slash tips. $400.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Where ever you go DO NOT GO TO WEST COAST MUFFLER on auburn blvd in citrus heights. They did a worse job than a 5 yr old. I am still trying to get my money back:mad3:

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
Where ever you go DO NOT GO TO WEST COAST MUFFLER on auburn blvd in citrus heights. They did a worse job than a 5 yr old. I am still trying to get my money back:mad3:
I'm not sure if that is the place I went or not, sorta in the neighborhood of harborfreight just up from target. Anyhoo that place did a kick ass job on mine for $100

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
I'm not sure if that is the place I went or not, sorta in the neighborhood of harborfreight just up from target. Anyhoo that place did a kick ass job on mine for $100
]
Nope, this place is across from roush park and there is a bowling ally there.

The cat is about a 1/8 inch from the plastic fuel lines, the downpipe is about an 1/8 inch from the clutch slave cyl, and I asked them to tuck it up as good as they can and this is what I got.:mad3:

As you can see, I had to adjust my mount around the exhaust so I could go on a trip.

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
If you get over here to Placerville, Casper's Muffler is on Missouri Flat Road across from the Chevron. 530-626-6751

The new owner is also named Steve, he's very good, been doing this forever.

They do all of our work from the Semi to the 4x4's

Rich

·
Registered
961 Posts
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good exhaust shop east of Sac? I'm in Auburn and I don't know of any spectacular ones in town, but I'd definitely be willing to drive down to Sac to save some cash and/or get some superior work. Please let me know if you know of any good places.
Thanks!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?:D

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
I'll ask, show us whatcha got. I'll be needing my exhaust soon. Up for complete custom jobbers? (63 scout with a 5.0).

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
I forgot to mention that the rear of the exhaust FELL OUT of the hangers and wont go back in. (it never hit anything, just fell out!)

So, I called west coast mufflers and told them that this is just not working and I was deff NOT satisfied and that I would give them one more chance to make it right before I asked for my money back. I have already been there twice, once when they installed it and once later to ask them to tuck it up better and move the cat away from vital/hazardous parts.

They told me to pound sand (exact words"good luck with that, we'll NEVER give you ANY money back, go somewhere else) and the hung up on me:shaking:

Looks like Ill be going to small claims after Marco (also in Rocklin) does it right.
BTW, it was around $500.

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
I forgot to mention that the rear of the exhaust FELL OUT of the hangers and wont go back in. (it never hit anything, just fell out!)

So, I called west coast mufflers and told them that this is just not working and I was deff NOT satisfied and that I would give them one more chance to make it right before I asked for my money back. I have already been there twice, once when they installed it and once later to ask them to tuck it up better and move the cat away from vital/hazardous parts.

They told me to pound sand (exact words"good luck with that, we'll NEVER give you ANY money back, go somewhere else) and the hung up on me:shaking:

Looks like Ill be going to small claims after Marco (also in Rocklin) does it right.
BTW, it was around $500.
Make sure you contact the local BBB and the BAR.

·
Banned
5,372 Posts
Colby or Joe at mufflertech in sac....2 locations on on Auburn Blvd by target, and the other out by the florin mall.........

Awesome place and guys to work with!
i'll second muffler tech, at least their florin mall location. great guys and great prices at least back when I was living up there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i'll second muffler tech, at least their florin mall location. great guys and great prices at least back when I was living up there.
I'll third muffler tech, at least the florin road one. They did my 68' camaro and did a really nice job. I would definitely go back for my next exhaust job.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I'll ask, show us whatcha got. I'll be needing my exhaust soon. Up for complete custom jobbers? (63 scout with a 5.0).
we specialize in scouts with 5.0's:D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts