Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Rubicon Rock Heads could use a hand, a very good friend of ours and of the off road community needs help.
Our comrade has recently lost his tow rig to a Car-B-Que under the hood.
The engine fire has destroyed most of the parts.
The Rock Heads Being the greasy knee types that we are (mechanics for those unfamiliar with the term) have offered to restore the rig to its best possible condition.
WE NEED HELP FINDING PARTS!

Please if you know anyone or have anything from this list you can offer to the cause please, please let us know, Good Karma will follow, just think of any time you needed a part on the trail. Any help would be much appreciated.

1980 Ford F250 Ranger Camper Special 2wd 5.8L
Email me for the Vin # (don't want to post it for the world)

The LIST:
RADIATOR
UPPER RADIATOR HOSE
LOWER RADIATOR HOSE
ALL AIR PUMP HOSES
ALL BELTS
EVAP. CANISTER
ALL SMOG ITEMS UNDER HOOD
CARB. 2 BARREL
DISTRIBUTOR
ALL TUNE PARTS ( SPARK PLUGS, WIRES, DIST. CAP, ROTOR, ETC.)
WIRING HARNESS
EGR VALVE
IGNITION MODULE (BLUE)
ALL VACUUM HOSES
IGNITION COIL
ALL CHECK AND DELAY VALVES
WIPER MOTOR.
ALL AIR CONDITIONING

THANK YOU!!!!
Shannon
Rubicon Rock Heads

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=694389

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
what parts off of a 91 5.8l. f350 will fit that truck?
Probably none. Its most likely a 351M. What is the engine code in the vin. I'm not sure what year they changed the vin style, but if its like 79 and prior, it will say F25 then a letter. S is a 400, H is a 351M. I don't know what the Windsor code is, but that's what the later model 5.8 would be. Radiator and hoses may work. Even if the 80 is a Windsor, the EFI stuff wont help on a carbed motor much.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
here is the vin#
F25GRH52084
the stickers are gone and the plate in the window is hard to read so we are 90% sure this is what it says...

Thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I dont know I will have to check on that .. Thanks

update**
I did double check on that the G is for the 5.8... according to our souses.. F is for the 5.0

so a 5.8 is what we are dealing with.. thanks though good to make me double check what we're doing here.. you never know.. its not my truck..

Im gonna have someone at the "shop" double checkthe vin tonight to make sure.. Think Im missing the first digit.. I will let you know

·
Registered
214 Posts
mine is a 5.8L windsor, so i have some parts if u need them

·
Registered
214 Posts
count the vavle cover bolts, 6 is a windsor 8 is a clevlind i think? not sure on the mod

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
What he said on the valve cover bolts, but that won't differentiate between a 5.0 and a 5.8. The code must have changed in 1980. "G" in 1979 and all years prior is a 302. H was a 351M, S was a 400, J was a 460, B was a 4.9 6 cyl and Y was a 360 1976 and prior. H was the 390 prior to 1977 when the 351M/400 replaced the FE as the truck engine norm. There were no other truck engines in the 70's. Not disputing the info posted; just saying it must have changed in 1980. It is very likely that the 351M ceased in trucks in 1980, and only the 400 of that block carried through to 1982. 1980 was a monumental change year. I just don't know for sure.

·
Registered
214 Posts
and to tell the w/c apart fromt the mod, mesure the top tranny bolts, 5inch is a small block w/c. 7 inchs apart is the mod- big block

·
Registered
597 Posts
i think i have a radiator and hoses along with a shroud floating around the shop from an 84 f150 with a 5.0 it came out of a truck that had a major issue letting the smoke out of the wires and i just cant seem to get it back in there.

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Damn that sucks, wish I had something to contribute to the rebuild.:(

I would suggest croozing the local junkyards for as much of that stuff as possible. Things like ignition modules aren't cheap but can be found much cheaper from J yards.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
count the vavle cover bolts, 6 is a windsor 8 is a clevlind i think? not sure on the mod
Just for clarity, since I second this, redranger surely meant M not Cleveland. The Cleveland only ran from 1970 to 1974 in cars. It has the small block 5" bolt spread, but the Cleveland heads have 8 valve cover bolts instead of 6 like the 302 or Windsor motors. Since the 351M/400 uses the Cleveland heads, they also have 8 valve cover bolts, and were still in use in 1980 in trucks. I was not aware 351W motors went in trucks that early(1980), but what do I know. Btw, the 400 would also have the 7" big block spread, and is indistinguishable from the 351M externally.

·
Registered
214 Posts
so then i have no clue the deffercnce about the two, well i have sum parts if u ever find out what it is.

boom

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
He has a 91 5.8 which is fuel injected. You have an 80 5.8 carbed engine. You are not asking for any block or head parts. There shouldn't be anything else on the engine that will help you. I second the j/y thing. Cost will be roughly what shipping is for some parts. Figure out what the total cost is, then ask for donations. That way you open up the field to more charitable donors.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK, please email me or post up with your email if you would like to donate cash to our cause to purchase parts to rebuild the rig.. I have an pay pal account to take donations OR you can send a check too. Just email me for info on how to donate.. THANK YOU
Any extra funds recieved will be Donated to Every Trail Is Sacred (collective "friends of" groups)
Thanks Shannon

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
They're dealing with an M for sure, the W never made it ito pickups until 82.
That smpg pump would probably be of use to them though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts