1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2x9’ 3” 3/16 C channel
10x6’ 2x3” rect tubing 1/8” wall
2x9’ 2x3” rect tubing 1/8” wall

will be a wood deck, 2x12 boards probably.

Thinking to do 9' because with headache rack, small toolbox, etc, maybe stacks I will have a true 8' bed.

thought, opinions, comments?

This is going on my 06 SRW.

basicaly the 2 C channel sections will be the main frame of the flatbed, sit on some wood U bolted to the bed. The 2x3 would be ontop of the C channel-welded. Would like to do the 3" width wise to keep height down but obviously will be stronger if i put the wide side vertical-opinions?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also need to add stake pockets though. Im sure I can put those along the side OF the outer C?

What about:

2x 9' of 3" 3/16 for the running rails
10x 6' of 2" 3/16 for cross members (to keep height down)
2x 9' of 4" 3/16 for outer rails?

All c channel

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if i do perimiter with 4" channel, drame rails out of 3" and 2" cross bars set 12" apart for a total of 7, i am looking at a weight of 340 lbs, vs 475 with the 3 and 5" stuff.

I cant imagine it being weak with a 4" outer perimiter, 12" spacing headache rack and a lift gate on the back tied to the frame., and all mad eout of 3/16?
im also running an excursion tank behind the rear axle, and that gat ei have is probably another 400 lbs...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fuhhhh didnt realize te wood is acually 1.5" thick not 2" on a 2x12...now im going to have a gap! Dont want to put a board under it as it will hold water and rot. If i want it all levl i would have to noth the fromt and rear 4" channels a half inch to sit lower so the 1.5" wood is flush with the metal??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts