Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a good muffler shop to redo my exhaust system on my samurai. Looking for reasonable pricing and a quality shop. I live in Walnut Creek so the closer the better. Anywhere in Concord or San Ramon would be good. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
I'm looking for a good muffler shop to redo my exhaust system on my samurai. Looking for reasonable pricing and a quality shop. I live in Walnut Creek so the closer the better. Anywhere in Concord or San Ramon would be good. Thanks in advance.
Scott at minute muffler in Dublin.

He is GREAT, cheap and knows offroad vehicles.

6743 Dublin Blvd./Sierra
Dublin, Ca

(925) 829-4733

He has done work on a couple of my vehicles. He is worth the drive for me from Napa even.

Dirk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Scott at minute muffler in Dublin.

He is GREAT, cheap and knows offroad vehicles.

6743 Dublin Blvd./Sierra
Dublin, Ca

(925) 829-4733

He has done work on a couple of my vehicles. He is worth the drive for me from Napa even.

Dirk
I second Scott @ Minute Muffler. He'll even hook you up with Minute Muffler stickers too :smokin:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
awesome, looks like a found where I'm getting my exhaust done.

Just for kicks, how much should I expect for a complete exhaust system on my sammi? New muffler (flowmaster), cat and 2" pipe. I realize that it differs from vehicle to vehicle, but an estimate would be nice.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
When I had him do my Camaro it was less that $100, but I brought him the Flowmaster. He welded it on, and ran pipe all the way to the factory locations.

On my Jeep, again I broght him a Flowmaster and went with just a turn down as I am going long arms and I want to say it was like $100-150 as we had to rework some stuff to get it all to fit. Then about 3 weeks later my cat went out and I think a new cat from him installed was like $100 for a high flow one.

He is very reasonable and easy to deal with.

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
If you feel like goin across the bridge. Jeff @ ABC Muffler in Benicia does great work and is a cool guy.

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
West Coast Muffler in Concord. They do a lot of custom stuff on hot rods. I've seen a few wheeling rigs in there too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Scott in Dublin is still around? He did the exhaust on my 91 S-10 back in 1996. If he's still there, go see him. He knows his shit, and will do whatever you want on the cheap!

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
have you done business with them or had any good/bad experiences with them?
I've heard good things about them. I went there once to buy a rubber exhaust isolator thingy. The owner reached into a bin and handed me one. I reached for my wallet and he told me not to worry about it.:smokin:

Whenever I go by I see custom stuff, classic muscle cars, hot rods, etc in their shop. They do quite a bit of business with guys who care about their cars, so I assume that they are good.

·
Registered
772 Posts
There is this place on monument called All Tech that is ran by a old toyota owner. He did up my Dynomax cat-back.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
tri valley muffler does good work but isnt all that cheap. i had my y pipe raised on my truck from minute muffler , they did a good job and only charged like 30 bucks :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts