Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I never saw this coming, might be a big win for online big ticket items. (no sales tax)

Honorably discharged veterans could be able to shop online at military exchange websites as early as Veterans Day, barring any objections from Congress.
The change in Defense Department policy would open up online exchange shopping privileges to about 18 million more people. It won't apply to shopping at brick-and-mortar exchange stores.

https://www.militarytimes.com/veterans/2017/01/12/defense-officials-approve-expanded-veterans-online-shopping-benefit/

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Ive had my log in for a month now, been price comparing them. Some things are less, some are not. Suppose its like anything else. I haven't placed an order yet, Prime still wins.

·
Premium Member
7,647 Posts
10 years in and I rarely ever shop from there. The prices are higher than wal mart/Target/most anywhere else, why anyone goes there, I don't know.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
10 years in and I rarely ever shop from there. The prices are higher than wal mart/Target/most anywhere else, why anyone goes there, I don't know.
Yeah, I didn't really shop there when I live on a base. I'm not going out of my way to do it now. My Grandparents on the other hand only shop at a commissary and MCX/NEX/PX/BX

·
Premium Member
7,647 Posts
Yeah, I didn't really shop there when I live on a base. I'm not going out of my way to do it now. My Grandparents on the other hand only shop at a commissary and MCX/NEX/PX/BX
I swear the old people do it just so they have something to do. It's the big adventure for the day for them. Getting in the way, leaving the cart smack dab in the middle of the isle, and aimlessly wandering around.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
tobacco and alcohol were less expensive for years but it seems like even that has lost it's competitive advantage at the exchange.

-ben

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
tobacco and alcohol were less expensive for years but it seems like even that has lost it's competitive advantage at the exchange.

-ben
Can you buy Alcohol on base without a valid active military or retiree ID? I’m a vet and last time I was told you needed either of the above to buy alcohol at the class 6?

I swear Haole had posted this earlier also:confused:

·
Baconologyst
9,972 Posts

-ben
When I was on active duty the class VI store was the only place I would shop on post when state side, everything else was cheaper in the civilian market

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
I swear the old people do it just so they have something to do. It's the big adventure for the day for them. Getting in the way, leaving the cart smack dab in the middle of the isle, and aimlessly wandering around.
They travel a lot so they stay at RV parks on the bases wear they go, my Grandpas favorites are PI and San Diego so he can watch the recruits graduate. I guess thats what you get when you were on the Drill Field for 8 years.

·
Premium Member
108,054 Posts
I never saw this coming, might be a big win for online big ticket items. (no sales tax)

Honorably discharged veterans could be able to shop online at military exchange websites as early as Veterans Day, barring any objections from Congress.
The change in Defense Department policy would open up online exchange shopping privileges to about 18 million more people. It won't apply to shopping at brick-and-mortar exchange stores.

https://www.militarytimes.com/veterans/2017/01/12/defense-officials-approve-expanded-veterans-online-shopping-benefit/
It's a good deal on some items. I generally only buy electronics and computers. Traditionally, the exchange isn't as cheap as local stores. Free shipping on orders over $49.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts