Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting a new job in San Jose at BAE Systems on July 1 and am looking for good places to eat lunch and maybe dinner in the area. Almost anything will do but, I prefer Mexican/burrito, American/bbq, and Chinese food. What do you guys suggest?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Well for some quick lunch, if you drive south on Coleman (drive over Hwy 880)about 1/2 mile, there's a bunch of places to eat like a Chevy's, Chili's (both are like Mexican light food). Some pizza stuff, etc. Japantown in SJ off of Hwy 87 and Taylor st. (no more than 10 minutes where BAE Systems is) there's a bunch of Japanese, Chinese, and a kick-ass Korean bbq place.
If you want to venture further, drive south 880 towards Los Gatos and exit Hwy 9, there's a great Mexican place called Pedro's.

·
Ford Bigot
4,101 Posts
There are lots of places near the airport and in downtown San Jose to eat, you're just going to have to try them out. The big shopping center by Coleman isn't bad, and downtown SJ isn't far from there either.

Los Gatos is a bit further but is definitely a place for expensive dinners and looking for money-grubbing 20 somethings. There are tons of pricey but good restaurants there too.

·
Linkoligist...
2,229 Posts
I am starting a new job in San Jose at BAE Systems on July 1 and am looking for good places to eat lunch and maybe dinner in the area. Almost anything will do but, I prefer Mexican/burrito, American/bbq, and Chinese food. What do you guys suggest?
What department are you going to be in?? I braze some parts for BAE..

Taylor

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
What department are you going to be in?? I braze some parts for BAE..

Taylor
if you dont mind, what do they build there? i work for a structural steel company in modesto as a fitter/fabricator, but travel to san jose nearly every weekend as my freinds and family are in campbell...would be nice to live/work there too...

·
Linkoligist...
2,229 Posts
if you dont mind, what do they build there? i work for a structural steel company in modesto as a fitter/fabricator, but travel to san jose nearly every weekend as my freinds and family are in campbell...would be nice to live/work there too...
They are a HUGE defence/aerospace company... I do aluminum dip brazing so everything I see is aluminum but they are a very big company so you may want to look into it... I only really talk to their engineers...

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Try University Chicken......near Santa Clara U for hot wings. At the corner of Lundy and Berryessa there is a good Mexican spot called "Bien Gusto" try the ceviche. There is another little Mexican place on N 13st. near Hedding.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They work on the Armored Personnel Carriers and MRAP vehicles. They have a 125k sqft prototype shop so I will be working as a go between from the shop to the engineers since my degree is in manufacturing engineering. I can run most of the equipment they have in the shop but I can also do some design stuff.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Keep them coming. Since I am single I am sure I will be eating out a lot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts