Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I need to put a real lift on my 72 K5, the 4 inch blocks just aint working for the better and the flex sucks not to mention the 36s rub. So Im thinking 6 or 8 inch but want some flex to. Whats a Hardcore all around setup? What trick suspensions are people running here? I dont really want a plain jane skyjacker or superlift. Pics of flex would be nice if possibe.

·
Registered
209 Posts
www.offroaddesign.com is the place to visit...........they sell Tuff Country springs, reputed to be the softest available on the market. Have a set of 6" TC springs on my Burb and had a set of 4" on my K5 that I sold, good ride when I coupled them with RS9000X shocks. Also for K5-specific stuff, try www.coloradok5.com :D

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right on;) I used to be a member of blazer.net but than they went under, I guess I will check out colarado K5. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
456 Posts
do a shackle flip in the rear with stock springs or some 57 inch ford springs, for the front i built my own pack out of a xj rear main and various other leafs and built a new shackle hanger.

if youre ever up in middletown again feel free to come check it out (its infamous butcher if you didnt know)

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
EXO said:
do a shackle flip in the rear with stock springs or some 57 inch ford springs, for the front i built my own pack out of a xj rear main and various other leafs and built a new shackle hanger.

if youre ever up in middletown again feel free to come check it out (its infamous butcher if you didnt know)
:

:beer: :beer:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts