Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
I absolutely think there is more blind partisanship in today's political environment than there has been in the past. Both parties used to strive to push candidates who could "reach across the aisle", now showing a willingness to reach across the aisle is a virtual political death sentence. That isn't how our political system was designed to operate.

If you'd like to formulate an intelligent argument otherwise, certainly feel free but dismissiveness isn't an argument.
I respectfully disagree....The 24/7 news, Internet and social media makes it seems much more so...I was an adult in the late 60's and the politics was as bad as now even with the news then that pales in comparison to today...
You are correct that our political system is based on reaching across the isle..

·
Registered
10,543 Posts
I respectfully disagree....The 24/7 news, Internet and social media makes it seems much more so...I was an adult in the late 60's and the politics was as bad as now even with the news then that pales in comparison to today...
You are correct that our political system is based on reaching across the isle..
Thomas Jefferson's people called Adams "hideous hermaphroditical character, which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman".

And more recently...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/flashback-harry-truman-also-slammed-one-of-his-daughters-critics

It's always been uncivil. But now we have 24 hrs news, whereas 50 years ago you had 30 minute news programs a few times a day. They need to fill all that air time, and the nastier things are, the more audience they will get.

·
Non-Lemming
78,529 Posts
Everything career politicians (and people in power in general) do is for show so they can retain their positions of influence and power.
This. All for show and it's doing nothing of substance.

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
Oh wow, much brave, very strong.:rolleyes: Buncha pussies

Yep...grand-standers showing off over nothing to the 40% who can't reason so they can save their asses.

I find it sicking that the 40% can't admit that they made a mistake and move on. You would think love of country would override their pride.

Starting to understand how the dictators of past and present have come into power.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
we need GRIP

Get
Rid of
Incumbent
Politicians

They really have made themselves into an elite political class that have special rules.
This!

The other thing the R's could do is bring the same people before a senate interview. They could do this one on TV and demand the person to repeat everything they said in the house. That way it would make liars of the Dems right away.

I often wonder if the senate just started an investigation into shiff? He has some connections with Ukraine. Don't know if there's anything shifty, but who cares? Just the investigation will do.

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
Fuck..................

Their are R's in every House committee or do you think their really D's in disguise.

Bitch about the"process" but ya don't give a shit about the real issue at hand.

·
Registered
'73 Scout
10,433 Posts
This!

The other thing the R's could do is bring the same people before a senate interview. They could do this one on TV and demand the person to repeat everything they said in the house. That way it would make liars of the Dems right away.

I often wonder if the senate just started an investigation into shiff? He has some connections with Ukraine. Don't know if there's anything shifty, but who cares? Just the investigation will do.
You were aware that the 3 HR committees involved in the investigation have a total of 47 Rep HR members in them? Taint JUST a Dem witch-hunt as portrayed by other legislative members...and if/when it comes to a vote I have my doubts it will split along party lines as Trump suggests.

15,447 Posts
Oh wow, much brave, very strong.:rolleyes: Buncha pussies
Everything career politicians (and people in power in general) do is for show so they can retain their positions of influence and power.
Theatre for the peasants .
This. All for show and it's doing nothing of substance.
Yep...grand-standers showing off over nothing to the 40% who can't reason so they can save their asses.

I find it sicking that the 40% can't admit that they made a mistake and move on. You would think love of country would override their pride.

Starting to understand how the dictators of past and present have come into power.
So they're damned if they do, damned if they don't. Some people just cannot be placated.:flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
Their is nothing they can do unless they want to petition the President to allow his people to testify, that is if they gave a dam about finding out the truth. Like that will ever happen:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,186 Posts
You were aware that the 3 HR committees involved in the investigation have a total of 47 Rep HR members in them? Taint JUST a Dem witch-hunt as portrayed by other legislative members...and if/when it comes to a vote I have my doubts it will split along party lines as Trump suggests.
Stated by a CNN watcher ... It's all closed door secret proceedings run 100% by Democrats without a house vote. :homer:

No matter what your liberal friends tell you, it's a Democratic witch hunt that's going to backfire biggley.

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
Run don't walk and get a roll of Tin foil and just wrap yourself up.

Mark Twain comes to mind...

·
Premium Member
22,231 Posts
You are aware that the only reason they are doing it this way is to selectively leak tidbits to the press to run the narrative. By having it behind closed doors nobody can dispute anything. If they really wanted impeachment they would hold a vote. Vote for impeachment and then move it to the senate. They won't do that because vulnerable dems in states trump won just want to safe their hides. Putting their name down as for impeachment might hurt them, Not putting their name down might hurt them. So they do nothing. It;s all political theater.

No president should be treated this way. Rep or Dem. Nixon wasn't and clinton wasn't. If you are accused of something you should be able to defend yourself against your accusers. When your accusers have secret meetings from unnamed sources with no transparency they can throw rocks at you all day and there is nothing you can do about it.

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
Not he way it works...you investigate first then vote on impeachment.
If it passes Trump can then as any trail provide his evidence to defend himself.

Granted since he's admitted on many times its gona be hard, that is if the R"s put country first.

Anyone can lookup how the system works or watch any new's program except Trumps Fox talking heads.

And for those that keep pushing the idea of the committees being all D's..take the time to do some research.

·
Registered
'73 Scout
10,433 Posts
Stated by a CNN watcher ... It's all closed door secret proceedings run 100% by Democrats without a house vote. :homer:

No matter what your liberal friends tell you, it's a Democratic witch hunt that's going to backfire biggley.
Wellllll...given the impeachment sequence can only start in the house committees to come up with the articles of impeachment, Pelosi has to approve it, they have to be read into the house record, and the House needs a super majority (60%) to let them move to the Senate which is all nicely spelled out in COTUS. There's several stumbling blocks in the House.

With the senate part being a trial the Chief Justice presides over and (John Roberts) also nicely spelled out in COTUS.

His royal Trumpishness and his minions will have plenty of time to dig up justifications for each and every article long before anything goes to the Senate.

I have my doubts it will ever go any further than a vote in the senate that wont meet the 60% requirement, a Clinton equivalent impeachment with the parties reversed. In fact I have my doubts that it even gets to the point of a vote in the house frankly...

BUT to say that there are no Rep in the committees involved is totally bogus and the folks trying to "break into" the meetings are in fact just neocon puffery/grandstanding. Might add that the closed door thing also happened with the Clinton impeachment as well. Most comittie sessions are closed door in fact only rarely are they open to the news and vox populi with most open sessions being a grandstand intentionally for support of a given measure. Case in point the McCarthy red herring stuff in the 50s, several gun law sessions (1990 autoban ditto 1968 regs).

21 - 40 of 53 Posts