Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been looking for a Samurai for close to a year now and have not found one that was in the condition that I was wanting until last weekend. I found this 88 that was in great shape with very small defects that I have already been attacking to correct. Complete drivetrain has 5k miles on the rebuild. It has a Calmini SPOA lift with 31x10.5x15s, header, weber carb, 6k# Warn, Calmini bumpers front and rear. So I think I have a good base for a not so extreme build. What do you guys think??
http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p242/t-bonespics/Samurai/

Thanks,
T-BONE

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Plans

I live here in south Mississippi and there are no rocks in sight! but there is lots of MUD! I am shooting for 35s with a xfer reduction and I also have a set of Toyota axles that I intend on puttin under it. maybe snorkel it. I have no idea yet as to lift. The body is perfect so all I will be doing there will be paint( most likely mil-spec camo)with bedliner throughout the inside. I would like to get a hard top for it for those chilly hunting days. But the more I research, the more $#iT I want to do. lol

Thanks for the comments guys, and I am open to suggestions on what route to take. Just keep in mind, I will occasionally be running the highway.(for now)

T_BONEX2

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome to the Family! That's a not a bad lookin Sami, at all.

It sounds like you've already got a good mind set on what you want to do with it.

rockzuk

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Damn...that looks a lot like mine when I first got it back in '99. Wish mine was still that nice...lol

As for a lift, I would run YJ's, SPOA on the Toy's and that should give you enough lift to clear the 35's with some mild fender trimming. A set of 5.29's in the Toy's with a 4:1 T-case should be good gearing wise as well.

Welcome to the sickness.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Damn...that looks a lot like mine when I first got it back in '99. Wish mine was still that nice...lol

As for a lift, I would run YJ's, SPOA on the Toy's and that should give you enough lift to clear the 35's with some mild fender trimming. A set of 5.29's in the Toy's with a 4:1 T-case should be good gearing wise as well.

Welcome to the sickness.
x2... Nice looking Samurai

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the comments guys. I am in no hurry to get this rig set up. I figured that I will have it like I want it by the end of summer. I took it out last night for the first time and went through some really sick stuff. I was completely impressed with the lil rig. All of my buddies that were there to witness were impressed as well.

Purevil71, I like the setup that you recommended. That is just about what I had in mind.

Thanks again guys,

T-BONEX2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts