Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my chassis (driver too) really likes the 3.8SC I just slipped in. no more briggs and stratton handicap for our team:)

See you in a week!

Chuck's going to have to learn to run faster :smokin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
Sounds good Ken. Glad you were able to get it worked out. I saw that you posted that it was an OBD1 so I knew it would be alot easier for ya.

You could probably build a bracket and put an idler pulley and a shorter belt in place of the AC. I removed it and put in a saginaw pump for my front steering. Rear runs off of the stock PS pump.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scout Dude said:
Did you do anything about the AC on there? Mine hangs way down and I want to remove it totally off of there.
Yea, it's gone. Eventually the PS pump will go in that neighborhood, it's kind of busy with my single upper control arm near the pump now.

I just used a shorter belt.

For driving the ps pump and alt I had to add one idler pulley and a custom length belt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,380 Posts
What did you do with the computer and anti theft system?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TONY K said:
What did you do with the computer and anti theft system?
Jimsperformance.com "hedaman" Fast, reasonable, knowledgeable, harness and cpu, tweaks the factory harness, get something back that looks like a stand alone from painless. his normal time is 2 wks, I asked nice and he did two days.

does all GM stuff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,588 Posts
Yeah I second that for Jim. He is a local MD guy. Drove my 2003 harness down to him and he had it done in like a week. Awesome guy, very knowledgable and helped me wire my buggy up at 11pm at night over the phone.

I gave him a fox coil over shock box full of wires and he gave me back a 8"x8" box of wires that had all terminal ends done and labeled.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,231 Posts
Go2Guy said:
my chassis (driver too) really likes the 3.8SC I just slipped in. no more briggs and stratton handicap for our team:)

See you in a week!

Chuck's going to have to learn to run faster :smokin:
:cool2: I can't wait to see it run and maybe pick your brain a bit.. Looks like I will have to wait till after supercrawl to hear mine run - just tooo much other work to be able to work on it. Happy to report the mountain goat is in top form though after it's latest bout of roll fever.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
966 Posts
So where are the pictures? :flipoff2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,612 Posts
DOUG38S said:
Yeah I second that for Jim. He is a local MD guy. Drove my 2003 harness down to him and he had it done in like a week. Awesome guy, very knowledgable and helped me wire my buggy up at 11pm at night over the phone.

I gave him a fox coil over shock box full of wires and he gave me back a 8"x8" box of wires that had all terminal ends done and labeled.



yeap..... good rep he has...... benn running my 4.3 wiring and puter mods from him for the last 2 years.... ive not thrown one code as of yet... if you doin anything GM call him he knows what to do
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top