Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I don't....

Just swapped in a longblock into a 93 YJ four popper, ax5 tranny. The longblock was from an 87 or 88. Motor is in and running :D , but the clutch is not engaging. I can row through the gears.

At first when I went to push the clutch in there was nothing there. Checked fluid and pumped it, it went down a little, couple of bubbles. Added a little fluid.

Still nothing, seemed to get a little stiffer.

Bled it from the bottom, but didn't have a clear tube. Air came out. Did it a couple more times, some times it would blow off really hard, then others not as much. Has more feel to it, but still isn't engaging.

There is one vacuum line under the hood missing cuz I lost it, the middle one on the top of the intake, nearest to the fender, it is in between the large one and the one towards the front. This have anything to do w/ it? :confused:

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Stick your finger in the clutch master, make sure the rubber diaphram didnt get sucked off the cap and is sitting down there blocking passages. Dont ask how I figured that one out.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More info:

Then lines going through the bellhousing are not moving when the clutch is pushed in. They should be right? Could I have bashed the slave cylinder or something else in there.

Some one told me to look up in there and see if I can see the throw out bearinf and see if it is releasing. Is it possible to knock it out w/ the engine out? Possibly if a dumbass like me steps on the clutch when the motors out?

So right now I am thinking its a install mistake or a failure in the hydro system, either slave cyl or master.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Should this crap be moving? Does it make a difference w/ the throwout or is it a hydro issue?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts