Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally have my GPW home, My plan is to build a low center of gravity hi-line fender rig and build everything from the frame up, I have a 16,000 mile 67 CJ5 that I plan on using for most of my donor parts, still looking for a V6 and a truck 4 speed, But ixing and Body modifications will keep me busy for now.

If anyone can tell me how to go about adding pictures I would greatly appreciate it, I found while Building My airplane that having a Build log helped to keep me working so I could enter things as it went along.

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Contrats on the GPW!

To add pictures first host them on a site like Picassa.
Once the picture is hosted, right click the picture and select 'Properties'.
In the properties menu grab the url of the pic and copy it.

Then click the little yellow / gray mountain and sun icon in the Pirate messge editor panel and a window pops up that you paste your url into.

Paste it, click OK, and you're all set.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK I am getting closer, it always annoys me when you can't see the pictures in the message, if someone can tell me what I am doing wrong maybe I can get it. The red jeep with the half cab is what started this project, 16,000 miles and never left the dealers lot, terminal case of rust in the frame and body but all the mechanicals are perfect, I would love to find a Buick V6 but may have to settle for a Chevy 4.3, If I wanted a V8 I would have no problems, I don't want to learn about computers so a carbureted engine is the plan, the local pick and pull has a 88 chevy with a 4 speed and a 4.3 but I think I can find better. And even though this is the solidest flatfender I have seen in the Midwest, there is enough bodywork and metal replacement to keep me busy for a while before I have to commit to an engine.
I have a recipe in place that I developed over 20 years ago for my ultimate jeep, and will try and build to that with only necessary changes being due to parts availability.

·
Just another dude.
922 Posts
the other option is to attach it from your computer using the manage attachments button under the posting area when typing new posts. this will take you to your computers saved pics. and you can select from there.

however i believe you have to purchase a star to do that. totally worth it. i can walk you though that if you need me too as well

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank You, I will probably pay for the star if it will allow me to do that, and it goes for a worthwhile cause. Finding a Flat Fender Body was tough enough, but the more I dig into it the more work I find that I will need to do. My Doctor told my wife that I shouldn't ride my chopper anymore so I will be selling my Shovelhead to pay for this project, really want a Buick V 6 or a carbureted 4.3 chevy, toss up on the 465 or T18, I already have 5.38 gears and a trac lock but no locking hubs on my parts jeep.
I intend to mount a front receiver or 3, I did that on my last CJ5 and made a quick detatch plow mount, used the power steering pump to run the plow, it worked perfectly.

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
Finally have my GPW home, My plan is to build a low center of gravity hi-line fender rig and build everything from the frame up, I have a 16,000 mile 67 CJ5 that I plan on using for most of my donor parts, still looking for a V6 and a truck 4 speed, But ixing and Body modifications will keep me busy for now.

If anyone can tell me how to go about adding pictures I would greatly appreciate it, I found while Building My airplane that having a Build log helped to keep me working so I could enter things as it went along.
Sounds like a fun project, can't wait to start seeing the build :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts