Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by C&R today and picked it up. Roggys shop is awesome, some great stuff goes on in there!

Its a dually front out of a *something*... 4.10 gears, 35 inners, 30 outers, took pictures but somehow didnt get one of the bom (d'oh!) But im just happy its sitting near the truck its going to go in!!! :D

Big thanks to Roggy for holding onto it for me for so long! And giving me a great deal.

The number I did get is 637986, which is the ratio tag according to the 60 bible... I never checked the gears so can anyone decipher that and tell me what gears it has?

In any case: Im so excited to have it!! :D:D:D

Attachments

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JTK said:
sweet...Aggro has been taking those type of hubs and having them machined to 5 or 6 lug...PM him for info if you want to go that route;)
Already got Hummer rims sittin in the garage, thanks though ;)

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
Look on the diff tag again. It will say the ratio. If he told ya the ratio was 4.10s and you wanna know for sure, pull the damn cover you pussy:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
good find. Im running the same thing, i even kept the dually hubs and upgraded it to 35 outter stubs.... To me it looks like a later model (mid 80s) due to the short tube length on the drivers side - I could easily be wrong though.

·
Registered
809 Posts
good find. Im running the same thing, i even kept the dually hubs and upgraded it to 35 outter stubs.... To me it looks like a later model (mid 80s) due to the short tube length on the drivers side - I could easily be wrong though.
It's a Chevy axle -- upside down. Tube lengths should all be the same.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
SWEET Dave! I just actually picked up my Dana 60 front also!!
:beer: :beer:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
bmfntoy,

that driveway looks very familiar to me. :D

and to think that, that axle came all the way from the east coast.

happy to see it has a good home.

if you guys need any parts or spares let me know.

happy 60'ing

thanks

doug

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Highonda said:
bmfntoy,
happy 60'ing
thanks
doug
Doug, it's got a happy home alright!! :D I definitely plan on putting this thing to good use!
Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
bmfntoy...is that a dodge 60? the reason i wouldn't think that it isn't a dodge 60 is b/c it doesn't have external lockouts. probably a chevy though, internal spline hubs.

But if it is..can you pm me i have a few questions that might intererst you?

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
snoop dogg said:
bmfntoy...is that a dodge 60? the reason i wouldn't think that it isn't a dodge 60 is b/c it doesn't have external lockouts. probably a chevy though, internal spline hubs.

yes it's a Dodge D60 and it has internal hubs. I believe 90-93 had internal hubs just like the Chevy's and this is a '91.....
Jeff

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
snoop dogg said:

Doug runs all the BOM's............it's a dodge

91 ish it looks like to me..........w/ single wheels (like chevy)

Look at the shock mounts.............dead give away ;)

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Brad said:
Look on the diff tag again. It will say the ratio. If he told ya the ratio was 4.10s and you wanna know for sure, pull the damn cover you pussy:flipoff2:
Its 45 miles away. :flipoff2: I was in a hurry to get back to sac so I could go pick up a 9" rear with my buddy... (same guy that I bought the other one from you for..) Its already got gears and a spool.

·
Registered
8,884 Posts
Highonda said:
bmfntoy,

happy 60'ing

thanks

doug
As a matter of fact, I was meaning to ask you if you had any 4.56 Chevy 60's around. The deal in Spartenburg fell through (http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=2121779#post2121779) and my credit card company is getting me my $930 back.

PM me as soon as you can if you have any 4.56 Chevy 60s I need one right now, Thanks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts