Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last friday I picked up a Savage 10 Precision Carbine 223. Also had a Bushnell 4-12 mounted up top. I really wanted a higher quality optic but this will have to do for now. Eventually I'll upgrade and pass this one down to my .22 Savage.

The new rifle has a 20" heavy barrel 1-9", large bolt handle, detachable 4 rd magazine, accutrigger, and the accustock. I wasn't to keen on the camo pattern stock but its kind of growing on me.

Need some ammo...Chris is the man around here for that right?

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Very sexy lead slinger. Congrats.

·
Registered
7,877 Posts
Schweeeeet! :D

·
Registered
411 Posts
If you're looking for factory ammo the first I would try would be Hornady loaded with 55gr. v-max. My Stevens .223 does three shots at 3/8" at 100 yds.

That said it puts American Eagle 62 gr. SP's under 1" at 100 yds. These Savage rifles are shooters. Have fun with it.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yea, Im pretty excited. The local outdoor range is closed for the next two weekends, Christmas & New Years. Looks like I have 3 weeks to accumulate some ammo :D

20 rd. box of 223...perfect stocking stuffer, lol.

·
I'm not your buddeh
13,084 Posts
we have one of these at Dicks Sporting Goods. Nice piece for sure!

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
I have the exact same rifle sitting in my safe waiting optics. I can't wait till I can afford a decent scope so I can take it out and slay some prarrie dogs this spring. :evil:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts