Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sitting here in Wheat Ridge, CO watching the guys at ATS Diesel Performance tear apart my brand new truck.... :eek:

It's getting:
ATS 48re Tranny with billet 300m input shaft
ATS Triple Lok Torque Converter
ATS Trans Commander
ATS 4" exhaust
Edge EZ box
Hybrid Turbo

I've got tons of pics, but you'll have to wait till i get home to see them because I don't have my transfer cable for my camera. The new tranny is sick! :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Fawk dude....your worse than me. so your gonna start pouring the coals to that thing right away huh. those new common rail motors sure are making a ton of power with some go fast goodies. ill be putting a south bend clutch and a set of firehose injectors in my 01 this weekend:D

·
Premium Member
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've always been paranoid of autos... This is my first auto tow rig, and the last thing I want to do is be stuck on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere. With the heavy loads and frequent towing this truck is going to see, the ATS tranny just made sense to do from the get-go. The extra power is just icing on the cake. :D

·
Hophead
77,718 Posts
Grab me one of those trannies when no ones looking mmmkay?

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
yeah..and now that your tranny is built properly..you dont have an excuse NOT to squeeze out some extra ponies:D
whats up with the turbo?? is it an HX40/HX35 hybrid?

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
i think ats has there on dyno in house. hell you might as well get a set of injectors while you are there

·
Premium Member
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
looks like we are going to hold off on the new turbo for phase two. :D

We were going to do a hybrid 35/40, but are going to wait for their new turbo to come out of development.

For now they did some wastegate mods, and kept the stock turbo.

The truck will be done tomorrow. I'm actually looking forward to the 1150 mile drive home. :D

·
Registered
15,321 Posts
Just a couple of Q's.

I take it these are supposed to fix the Dodge's Auto problems, right?

and is that the same tranny that came behind the earlier 12v cummins?

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
not the same tranny... 48RE is new for the 3rd gen trucks... 2nd Gen had the 47RE... can't remember if that one is also in the 12V

Cool... didn't realize ATS was in Wheat Ridge... took me a couple of seconds to realize... I WAS BORN there.... obviously great things come from Wheat Ridge eh?:D :D

(Thank the good Lord above... I was raised and still live in Texas):flipoff2:

·
Hophead
77,718 Posts
thump93yj said:
not the same tranny... 48RE is new for the 3rd gen trucks... 2nd Gen had the 47RE... can't remember if that one is also in the 12V

12v may have had the 47rh, non-electronic version of re. Not sure when they changed to RE (my 84 V10 has the rh)

·
Premium Member
78,528 Posts
Joe_W said:

12v may have had the 47rh, non-electronic version of re. Not sure when they changed to RE (my 84 V10 has the rh)

They changed from the 47re to the 48re during the 2003 model year. Early 2003's
had the 47re and later ones the 48re. I saw both trannies on 2003 CTD's while I was looking for a truck.

·
Premium Member
78,528 Posts
What a purty color. :D

·
Registered
363 Posts
Does that pan not have a drain plug in it?You would think that they would have one in there for regular drainings.Maybe I'm blind.Looks very sweet Lance but next time your getting a pile of mods done work your way up here.Lots of serious diesel shops in this town.You'll have a place to stay and we can go out for some cold ones.Hell it's almost as close as where you went for your tranny work.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts