Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got some wit?

broke my pitman arm and need to get the piece off of my stering box shaft. my puller is to wide and crowbar didnt get a got bite on it!! anyone have a good idea on how to get it off easliy! these things are a pain if you have ever removed one!!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
most auto parts stores have a rent a tool program... go to one and get a pitman arm puller:flipoff2:

·
Registered
294 Posts
It's already broken... Just use a cutoff wheel to cut (almost) all the way through both sides of the arm. (be careful not to cut quite all the way through, and into the splines, but you should be able to knock it off. Or just get a puller.

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Either cut it, heat it with a torch or whatever. AS he said, it's already dead, so... ;)

If you wanna do it the "right" way, go to AutoZone, rent the pitman arm/tie rod end puller... tighten it down, and hit the puller square on the head of the bolt - like you were hitting the shaft of the steering box square on the end. They usually pop right off doing that and using a little judicious heat from a torch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.