Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1


Welp it looks like I have some work to do this weekend heh. Anyone who has instslled the Total Chaos kit have any advice for any special tricks or things to do or not to do? Any experiance advice would be appreciated. Its going on a 1992 Toyota 4WD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea well that sucks for them. Not everyone who ownes a Toy is a rock climber. Some of us like to haul ass through the desert and go over whatever comes along the path without hardley even feeling it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Use the best tool for the job <IMG SRC="smilies/smile.gif" border="0"> If you desert run, I can't think of a much better setup than IFS. I love my IFS on the street and on mild (very mild) trails. I love my solid axle in the rock. It's all good. Good luck with your weekend work.

What is that big red Jaz box?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,320 Posts
That big red thing sure looks like a fuel cell to me. <IMG SRC="smilies/beer.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/beer.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
995 Posts
Originally posted by Wrench:
<STRONG>They don't like IFS here very much.</STRONG>
How come I only here this from newbies?? <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0">

I'm sure a lot of people on this board would be stoked to check out long travel IFS kits, even though they would never run it on their own rigs. I've been on this board for quite some time, and I have never had anyone tell me that they would not contribute to my posts because I still have IFS. <IMG SRC="smilies/confused.gif" border="0">
 

·
Wicked Raciest !
Joined
·
17,737 Posts
Originally posted by Wrench:
<STRONG>They don't like IFS here very much.</STRONG>
I am glad that you speak for the rest of us. It's not that we do not like IFS most of us on this board are rock crawlers, some to the extreme. IFS does not work for that type of wheeling so there is not a real lot of knowledge on IFS. There are a few extreme people that do run IFS and have a vast knowledge of it. One that comes to mind is Drew, but he too is coming to the "darkside" for reasons that he only knows. If you are a desert runner, long travel IFS is the way to go, For the rocks it sucks. So before you start telling other people what and how we think, stick around and learn about what and how we think. <IMG SRC="smilies/usa.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/usa.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
995 Posts
Originally posted by OOPS:
<STRONG>
Originally posted by Wrench:
[qb]They don't like IFS here very much.</STRONG>
I am glad that you speak for the rest of us. It's not that we do not like IFS most of us on this board are rock crawlers, some to the extreme. IFS does not work for that type of wheeling so there is not a real lot of knowledge on IFS. There are a few extreme people that do run IFS and have a vast knowledge of it. One that comes to mind is Drew, but he too is coming to the "darkside" for reasons that he only knows. If you are a desert runner, long travel IFS is the way to go, For the rocks it sucks. So before you start telling other people what and how we think, stick around and learn about what and how we think. <IMG SRC="smilies/usa.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/usa.gif" border="0">[/QB]
*SMACK* <IMG SRC="smilies/devil.gif" border="0">

Well put, David!! <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The big red box is a 32 Gallon Fuel Cell (gas tank). I am going to mount it in the rear of the bed cage so I have more weight in the back of the truck since I dont have a bed. Also to race with MDR or SCORE you must have a fuel cell.

I am totally with you guys on your oppions. There is one single thing to remember:

Rock Crawling = Solid Axle
Speed, Jumping = IFS

Since I dont climb up bill hills or go over boulders IFS is whats right for me! Both are very fun in their own way and people just do what they like!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,681 Posts
Originally posted by dangerber:
<STRONG>How come I only here this from newbies?? <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0">

I'm sure a lot of people on this board would be stoked to check out long travel IFS kits, even though they would never run it on their own rigs. I've been on this board for quite some time, and I have never had anyone tell me that they would not contribute to my posts because I still have IFS. <IMG SRC="smilies/confused.gif" border="0"></STRONG>
I had a whole post going about IFS a while back when I was looking for a lift kit, but my entire 2 page thread somehow got deleted <IMG SRC="smilies/rolleyes.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/frown.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,731 Posts
ifs will do ya until you break it, then go scout axles. <IMG SRC="smilies/cool.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/smokin.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,168 Posts
I haven't posted a lot here, but I have read a lot of posts, and here is my take on the situation. Sure, they give you hell for having IFS, but a lot of it is intended in good fun. I am IFS still, and will be until I can afford to SAS the way I want to do it, but I have had no ill feelings expressed towards me due to this fact. There are tons upon tons of useful info on this board. A lot of people don't realize that the slamming and <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0"> 's are intended as a joke for the most part, and therefor get offended. I hope I have not stepped on any toes with this post...please correct me if I am wrong.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,079 Posts
Have fun. I need a fuel cell too. Where did you get it? How much? Phone # please? Does it have foam inside or baffels? Does it have a sending unit? Thanks....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,024 Posts
Originally posted by Shaker:
<STRONG>Have fun. I need a fuel cell too. Where did you get it? How much? Phone # please? Does it have foam inside or baffels? Does it have a sending unit? Thanks....</STRONG>
Ditto, ditto, ditto <IMG SRC="smilies/tongue.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> I would like to know too. And 4Runner Josh, you are right, most of us here did start from Inferior front Suspension, so <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,024 Posts
Shaker and bertha are waiting <IMG SRC="smilies/rolleyes.gif" border="0"> info, info, info <IMG SRC="smilies/bounce.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/bounce2.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/bounce.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/bounce2.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
Fishy, You got a lot better response than I did when I posted my Total Chaos kit. The thing is, I like both. And My friend just gave me his rolled 85 toy that is my new class 7s project...
 

·
Wicked Raciest !
Joined
·
17,737 Posts
Click the search feature on your browser and type "circle track racing" and you will find a shit pot load of fuel cells. Northern also sells a tank that is built for pontoon boats that is made from Aluminum and is 16-20 gallons for about $120-130. <IMG SRC="smilies/usa.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/usa.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I got the cell from Baja Concepts in Fallbrook, CA. You can order them directly from Jaz though and they will ship to your front door. http://www.jazproducts.com/

I think it was like $350 or something. I am not sure what the inside is, I know its race legal though. And for about $100 more they install a sending unit for you so you can still use your gas gauge!
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top