Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swapped in rear cherokee springs in the rear of my CJ-5.I kept the spring hanger in the stock location for now.These are 52" long with a 3" pin offset.It pushed the rear back quite abit.Don't have a exact num.I lost my tapemeasure somewhere.:( Still need to install the shackle and bracket.

I pulled the stock gastank and am installing a 12 gal. marine tank.It will be flush with frame above the rear axle.Next I need to cut the stock rear bumper off and weld a 2x3 tube to the frame.Then use a couple pieces of 4x4 angle to mount the body to.This will give me room for the tank.
I may move the hanger back 3" later.I will try and get some pics.Blazin:flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I measured the WB and it went from 87"(front axle was moved forward when I did the SO/SR)to 93.5"Didn't get to work on it today.Was raining all day and no garage.:( Maybee after work this week I can get some more done.Blazin:D

·
Registered
811 Posts
cherokee, SJ or XJ?

what teh details on teh marine tank, what type? and how are you mounting it?

sounds cool, Id like to stretch the rear of mine also.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is an old metal tank I had in a boat I have.It measures 18" by 26" and 7" tall.Not sure on mounting exactly.Probally weld in a couple of 1" square tubing and hang it from them with straps.Will work it out when I get the stock bumper off.I need about 1" more of clearance.The 2"x3" tube will be welded to the end of the frame.
I will add a flat skid underneath the tank to protect it.I have to have a 2" bodylift for this to fit also.But since my frame is a '79 and the body is a '75,I am moving the body mounts to match and raising them also.

I am trying to get better D-shaft length and angle.With the 305/465/205 combo,I ended up with 12" between yokes and a steep angle.This will give me about 18'-19".I think I am going to move the spring hanger back 3" or 4" and add to the frame more.Cheepin:flipoff2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts