Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I know they arent Iroks... But for the state of Ak, we have found that the bogger is just about unbeatable for DOT approved tires. So with all the new suspension goodies from Pig, I just new I had to step up in tire sizes since I am going to be stretching my wheel base out. So they came in today. 44x19.5x15 boggers. I cant get over the size difference between the 44" and the 39.5". I know the 39.5 is mounted, and has wieght on it. But still there is a lot of difference. I will put them up to the 42" swamper we have and get a pic. Anyways, here are some pics of the new rubber for the CJ :D Hoping to have everything together by spring time next year. Dont need a early start since winter in Alaska last about 6-7 months!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Awesome man! Joining the 44" crew, huh. Soon you'll need rockwells to go along, heh... What's the new WB gonna be? BTW - all the 44" boggers I've seen are big for a 44, and all the 40" boggers are small for a 40, go figure???

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
elf_cruiser said:
Awesome man! Joining the 44" crew, huh. Soon you'll need rockwells to go along, heh... What's the new WB gonna be? BTW - all the 44" boggers I've seen are big for a 44, and all the 40" boggers are small for a 40, go figure???

LOL Elf, I dont think I have enuff time to get rockwells under there before summer :p Since wheel base isnt a huge concern up here in Alaska. Well, shoot we have been running 86" wheel base and 39.5" boggers for 2 years now. And have never had a problem. Just different terrain. But, I plan on taking it back to about 98"-100". Something around there would suite me just fine.

The size difference is crazy. First time I have seen a 44" bogger new, and off the rim. And let me tell you it shocked me lol! :D

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ZJim said:
Which part will be the first to explode?

:D

Probably the whole Jeep at one time :D LOL! The 39.5's werent able to break anything. So we will see what these things can. I really dont have a "ton" of power though. Just a stock 302HO. We have been running the trails up here for a little over 4-5 years. And the thing we have all ways said was if you had a big enuff tire you could idle most of it. And its pretty much true. Of course you arent going to idle a slick hill. But we are talking the swampy/muddy area. Permafrost isnt but 2-3ft below the mud most of the time. You get down there to the frost and you have it made :D So I think everything should be all right.... I hope :)

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
How wide are your axles? Looks kinda narrow for that big of a tire.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
masonmachines said:
did i see your jeep in a WARN add?
Warn add? How long ago? You might be thinking about When Ed and all them were in there. That was 2-3 years ago. Was this recent?

*******. They are 62"es ms to ms. Plan on doing a 1" spacer. That will be good enuff to where the tire wont hit my link arm. The 39.5x18 barely taps the arm right now. And I dont plan on having it as tall as Big Foot :D

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TEX said:
Now, if you really want to break some parts, you'll put the knife to 'em :D

TEX

I dont have the gutts to cut a tire like that :p And it woudl shred my Jeep :D

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Neal'88yj said:
Are these just new to you or did they also update the bogger?

My post title was kinda diceiving (sp)... I noticed that after I posted it. These are not a new size, or anything like that. They are just new to me :)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Keep it up...

If you keep this up, you're going to end up with a trailer queen. That thing should work pretty good. A set of these next?

Gus

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
speedo said:
If you keep this up, you're going to end up with a trailer queen. That thing should work pretty good. A set of these next?

Gus

Still plan to pavement pound to the trail :D Even if it VERY slow getting there lol!

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Things are shaping up on this end. the snow today really pisseed me off. The cruiser is wired and fully running. all I need now is to patch a cut tire, fix my radiator, build some floors, and I'm set for next weekend. Let's go saturday to check out that rock trail with the waterfall at the end, sound good?

·
Ford Forum Moderator
1,999 Posts
elf_cruiser said:
Things are shaping up on this end. the snow today really pisseed me off. The cruiser is wired and fully running. all I need now is to patch a cut tire, fix my radiator, build some floors, and I'm set for next weekend. Let's go saturday to check out that rock trail with the waterfall at the end, sound good?
Snow? HAHAHA
fawk, it was 96 today... :flipoff2:

·
Registered
751 Posts
elf_cruiser said:
Just so you know.

Eska Creek is under HEAVY scruitiny. and there is NO trail on ANY of those rocks. If your driving on those rocks STOP. My Club (Alaska Extreme Fourwheelers) has worked EXCEPTIONALLY hard with the Sutton Trails commission to ensure the motorized use of that trail.

PLEASE, do not drive off of the WELL established trail.

As you drop into the Falls you will see that there is only ONE trail.

If you want to play on the rocks go drive the washes out on Permenente. They have no vegitation on them and are moved around every spring. LOTS of driving out there.

I am posting this open and not via PM so that EVERYONE knows what the deal is with Eska. If we want to keep it open we need to use it right.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts