Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I'm impressed by his stick-to-it-ness, but there's a lot of compromise going on there. Tons of welded aluminum and he's machining it all on a chicom knee mill. The block had so much welding done to it that it didn't even sit flat on the table any more.

·
thhhpptthh!
46,933 Posts
says hes been at it for 11 years
I DONT WANT TO HEAR A GAWDDAMN THING OUTTA YOU FUCKS EVER AGAIN. that shit would take me....never years
:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Wow, I though I was pretty liberal with cutting shit apart and sticking it back together. That guy takes it to a whole nother level.

·
Premium Member
9,391 Posts
That is 'impressive' I am just not sure if it is in a good way or not. I mean damn - wow, but also why and not really the way to do it.

Either way props to him.

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
That is 'impressive' I am just not sure if it is in a good way or not. I mean damn - wow, but also why and not really the way to do it.

Either way props to him.
Gotta admire the sheer determination to take on any and everything. That counts for something!

My guess is a lot of that won't stand the test of time or hard use but maybe not the point.

·
Premium Member
29,437 Posts
I'm impressed by his stick-to-it-ness, but there's a lot of compromise going on there. Tons of welded aluminum and he's machining it all on a chicom knee mill. The block had so much welding done to it that it didn't even sit flat on the table any more.
he said at one point he had .025" of warp across either the head or the block from all the work :eek:

had to weld up, recut and re-line bore all the bearing passages. damn.

there is some seriously serious time and money in there. probably enough to make project pinky look like a quick oil change

·
Registered
12,647 Posts
Mad skills. What is crazy, is if you can work with wood, and have good tig welding skill...aluminum is easy to work with. I am jelly.

·
Premium Member
9,391 Posts
11 years, sheeze, that's some patience. If I can't drive my shit after a year or two, I'm done. :laughing:
In his defense, there was a 2 year gap - after he almost burnt his house down- until he build his garage... :laughing:

21 - 40 of 66 Posts