Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the torque specs on the 6 nuts that hold the spindle to the knuckle?

Is the little shim lookin plate thing in between them (the knuckle and spindle) important, and if so why was there only one on the short side of this axle when tore down?

:confused:

·
Registered
16,673 Posts
35 ft lb? Or use the German method.

I've seen those, I think they're there only to prevent the spindle from rusting to the knuckle too badly, but I've only ever seen them on 1 axle.

Bryan

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oxjockey said:
35 ft lb? Or use the German method.

I've seen those, I think they're there only to prevent the spindle from rusting to the knuckle too badly, but I've only ever seen them on 1 axle.

Bryan
Hmmmm that thing is tripping me out like I said there was only one on this axle on one side, and it really appears to be headed closer and closer to my trashcan ! LOL :flipoff2: I cant see any reason for it honestly and Ive never seen one.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Its just excess weight;)

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
The only thing I've seen between the spindle and knuckle on a Dana 44 is a castor shim, every once in a while I come across one, but it is an obvious shim, thicker on one side than on the other.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It seems to be a shim, its just a big thin flat piece of steel inbetween I didnt really notice that one side was thicker than the other though. Like the shit will ride nice anyway :rolleyes: If its thin and thick on one end then I definatly dont know which end was up and what was down, trash can here it comes :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts