Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body know of a relatively cheap gps that has a full screen mph? I need a speedo and that seems the easiest. I have a big one in my boat but its too damn big for a car.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
iPhone or iPod touch :D Works good for me and has tunes for under 2 bills.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
iPhone or iPod touch :D Works good for me and has tunes for under 2 bills.
That's a bad idea. iPod touch only works when you are piggy back on a wireless system and the iPhone is not heavy duty enough to be used in a rig.
Maybe look for a tom tom it has a nice speedometer funtion. Cheap too

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
342 Posts
I would also like to konw that is what I was going to do in my suzuki samurai.

I was trying to find info out on the Lowrance Baja stuff.

·
Registered
17,127 Posts
I use a Nuvi also. Doesn't seem to be very accurate in turns but is good for straights.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will the nuvi give you the speed when you are not on a "mission"?

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
racepak makes some cool stuff
pricey but you could use it for all of your gauges

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
The Nuvi's have a pretty decent speedo/odo display
Which model is this?

I was just looking at the Samsung 3G phone as it has GPS app and I need a new ph. down side it cost like $5 a month for GPS service.

Would be cool if you could down load trail maps into either the Garmin or the Samsung.

·
Registered
11,647 Posts
No idea what model that one is, stole a picture off the web. MIne is a 660 and is bigger than the one in that picture.

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
Thanks, cosco has the 260 for like $ 169 the 265 is like $80 bucks more. You could get a mini laptop and the microsoft street with GPS too.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
I have he nuvi 200w..

I use it for trips, the speedo/state option posted is very useful. I have bounced mine around offroad quite a bit in the stock mount and it holds up great and stays on the mount. The display can be set to powersave or really really bright and is visible in daylight. The nuvi 200w also has a 8 hour battery life:grinpimp: Mine seems to last forever on a charge.

·
Registered
17,127 Posts
Mine is the Nuvi 250w, which I don't think Garmin makes anymore but it's the same display as the one pictured above, though with a slightly different housing. Not really a die hard wheeling GPS unit, but it does do ok for getting to the trail and will accept Longitude and Latitude coordinates if you get into the unit a bit.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Look at globaltop hg-100 bluetooth GPS + HUD Speedometer
Updates 5 times per sec
7-9 hr battery life
Less than $100

They've got some video's on youtube. Looks to be about 4" long
I guess it's something to consider.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts