Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
AMIGOS,

We are almost back home in PLANET GTOROCKS®, Guanajuato Mexico just making a quick pit stop in Laredo Texas to prep our WRC race car for the WRC MEXICO race coming in 15 days www.rallymexico.com :D

KOH was like being on a desert planet, we were amazed at the amount of people that showed up. EVerthing was first class and we are always treated like family there. Gracias Amigos.

Congrats to Team 667 rockers out of Farmington, they proved to many that the underdog can win. Loren Healy this was big time and your team proved yourself. I was talking to Randy about the rig he built for you and how you guys wanted to come down to one of our MXRRA events. Keep in touch and we would be honored to have you down here. Way to show your endurance abilities and driving skills. BONGO! :D

DAVE and JEFF, what can I say. You took this event and transformed it into the best rock motorsports event that has gone down in the books. Will be back with more BONGO to try LCQ in 2011. Also our buddies from VENEZUELA will be trying it, I hear they may be even some Skandinavian teams coming! KOH is now the international bongo to race. Hope you liked the bottle of mezcal we left you on Saturday, sorry we had to bolt but we barely made our plane flight out.

Summary of our Total CARNAGE this year was a blown tranny caused by a faulty new fuel cell that stalled twice and caused the tranny to force the clutches and burn out. We managed to crawl futher this year and get up the Waterfall using a winch but only had reverse. Thanx to all the KOH staff and Virgina crew for helping us get the rig back to camp. TEAM MEXICO will return next time with more BONGO! Racing feeling is PRICELESS.

CONGRATS TO ALL THE TEAMS AND VOLUNTEERS.

IN CONCLUSION THIS TYPE OF OFFROAD RACING WAS SOMETHING YOU JUST HAVE TO SEE TO BELIEVE. SIMPLY AMAZING! MAKING IT ONE OF A KIND! We always learn plenty and try to adapt some things to our racing down here in mexico and in europe. Another story to add on to our list of adventures.

SPECIAL THANX TO THE FOLLOWING:
Jeff Knoll, Dave and Chris Cole (For Allowing us to race. YOU GUYS DID AN EXCELLENT JOB!)
BILL BRIDGE for putting up his rig and driving LCQ, (We pulled off a Shake and Bake Sling Shot this time since my foot is still healing from a freak accident back in Oct 2009). Bill Bridge will be my co driver for WRC 2010 events.
My girlfriend Maria and my parents for all their support.
KRISTEN BRIDGE for cooking and putting up with all the late night mexican partying.
DETRIOT ROCK CITY (Mike Colville, DJ, Nick, Jason...) crew for bringing down our rig and hanging out with the beaners. Oh and for tyring out Mezcal. :grinpimp: Misfits 4x4 Club www.misfitsoffroad.com

Louie Keener for lending us the neck collar as a backup.
Mike and Glenn from Corona RV Rentals
Mike and ROb from PINNED TV
Douglas from GOODYEAR
Brent from 4 Wheel Parts
Tusken Takk to Emil of Master Pull
Brandon Powell and all the Smorr Crew
Lance, Renee and Camo
Charlene Bower
John of Crawl Mag
Steve Gardiner alias el Ittlbddy
East Boys that towed us back to camp - Rob and friend
Johnny Despain, Waldo, Carlos Cassanova, Fred and Chef Albert
Tecate Beer
MEZCAL to keep us from freezing
North Star Motorsports
Danny Grimes for all your advise and welcome the first night we arrived.
The rock band for allowing us to dedicate a tune to our crew and memory of my lil bro.
Aaron Campbell
Carey Steiner for the giving good luck right before the LCQ start. (Glad we made it this year and proved even a norwegian can hang in the desert)

Always great to see the following amigos again and meet for the first time:
RJ Brown and crew
Roxi and Robert and family
JOHN H of Crawl Media 2
Don, Shannon, Nick, Campbell
Becca and Dustin Webster
Dean Bullock
Nicole Johnson
Patrick from RP Films
Big Rich
Creighton
Stacy Albright
Brad and Roger Lovell
Bruce Kilgour
Jeff Bullock of Ballistic
Valarie from Rockstomper
Chris Collard
Gavin from Butchs Speed Shop
Jeff Mellow

If I missed out anyone I apologize, there were so many people that at times we got lost. Or kidnapped. Once againg we felt at times like I was in Thunderdome from the Mad Max movies.

THANX AGAIN TO EVERYONE FOR EVERYTHING! TUSEN TAKK TIL DERE ALLE!

This race was dedicated to my Lil Bro Louie Ponce, My parents and my good friend Armando Ulises Bocanegra.

PONCE Y BILL
PANCHO Y LEFTY
GTOROCKS® RACING TEAM
KOH LCQ #44
VIVA GUANAJUATO MEXICO! DONDE NO VALE NADA LA VIDA Y DETRIOT ROCK CITY!

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Bongo ! ! ! !

Can't thank enough to the organizers, staff and volunteers you guys are the bomb ! ! ! ! ! !

Will not mention any names because it's embarrassing to leave anyone out, but you know who you are.

Great to meet up with old friends and of course all the new ones we made this year.

looking forward to 2011 this time we hope our piñata will not get kidnapped, we will bring more bottles of tequila and a camera and blank passports.

Ponce i don't think Jeff and Dave know about the KOH International Consulate we set up. Thanks Sweden, Australia, Germany, Italia, U.S.A., Norway and Mexico for the great times in the RV.

Special mention to Loren for taking the show, and Brad for taking the off road man of the year and all the participants of KOH 2010.

Hope everyone had a safe trip back home

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
KOH International Consulate

quote...
Ponce i don't think Jeff and Dave know about the KOH International Consulate we set up. Thanks Sweden, Australia, Germany, Italia, U.S.A., Norway and Mexico for the great times in the RV. That little office was classic, best was when someone yelled Migra...:eek:

We finally fount the Pinata at the Smorr Trailer I guess it was a paybackl for taking their bananna at MOROC 2009. Poor Thing ended up in the bomb fire to keep the bongo fiesta going!!! :grinpimp:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats to all the international and east teams

Congrats also to all the International teams who ran and east teams like our amigos...
Mike Colville from TEAM MISFITS of Michigan
and Dereck West of the SMORR KLAN

Ralf Kuller and Team Germany....Glückwünsche!
Naozumi Tsuda and Team Japan.....祝辞 :grinpimp:

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
Ponce

as always great seeing you guys !!!

next year is your year my friend.... you will get into the big show I know it :smokin:

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Ponce, THANKS FOR THE MESCAL! You were right I felt a ton better the next morning, and the rest of the week for that matter.

·
Dummer'n Moose Poop
5,393 Posts
Ponce, I'm just shocked that you kept that beautiful woman hidden away all weekend :flipoff2:
Good to see you still at it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
You're welcome Ponce, and THANK YOU for sharing this opportunity with us!

You guys were a riot. See you at the WRC.

-Kristen

P.S. Maria should be higher up on that thank you list - that girl is awesome :)

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
The Bannanna Wants to Visit

Bongo!!!! Wish Bonanza and I could have Made It but we were a little preoccupied with Work and a few other Things!!! Congrats to you and the Team!!! Hoprfully we Can Make it Next year!!

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
Congrats to Team 667 rockers out of Farmington, they proved to many that the underdog can win. Loren Healy this was big time and your team proved yourself. I was talking to Randy about the rig he built for you and how you guys wanted to come down to one of our MXRRA events. Keep in touch and we would be honored to have you down here. Way to show your endurance abilities and driving skills. BONGO! :D
Thank you Ponce! I was great to meet you and we will try to make it to the MXXRA event.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
CAMO, already make a bigger BONGO plan for KOH LCQ 2011 :grinpimp:

JEFF, Check you email, lots of WRC homologated rigs down here and in the RALLY AMERICA USA need shocks and coil overs for gravel racing. It was a pleasure to meet you, that night was fun. :grinpimp:

Aaron, I told you that Mezcal is the drink of the gods, it has multi purpose uses, especially out in the desert BONGO! :eek:Thump, ...got to keep all the animals away :grinpimp:

Kristen, I know I Know...Jeg elsker Maria :D WRC is just 15 days away! :eek:

Seeyouonthetrail, guess you fellas finally got payback for me taking the bananna at MOROC in Spring tx, I think we may go again in March or April so watch out. The pinata ended up in the bomb fire :evil:

Loren, glad to see an LCQ'r took the crown, that just shows that anything is possible. Congrats once again to your team. Keep us updated on your events in Farmington to see if we can attend. We still watch the old school Goodyear Farmington RC video to get us pumped down here. Our terrain is very similar to yours. See ya soon.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
your a rockstar Ponce. I can honestly say ill never forget the fun we had on the lakebed. You and maria were great company and I cant wait for next year already. but next year we get all michigan teams in the big race. snake and bake!!!!

Nick

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Ponce, thanks so much for making the trip again. It was great to see you again. Thanks also for the bottles of "good stuff".

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Bongo

Well Thank got I Stole Him Back Before He made it across the Border!!! We Will Be at Disney in March and SMORR in april You Oughtta Join us!!! Should be a good Time By all of us SMORR Boys!!! BONGO Heres another Pic that Bonanaza Wanted to post

·
Registered
232 Posts
It was great to see again to ponce and meeting your beautiful girl maria. I got your email and will get in touch with you after a meeting with my partners. I had twice as much fun this yr and last yr was a riot....can not wait to see whats next...sorry about your pinata.....i am gonna rat Louie out and say he did it :flipoff2: lol....bongo until the next time.

BP

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bongo...feel the power!

NICK, the pleasure was mine and thanx for hanging in there the second night with Maria and I, on our little PR bongo night out. We got lost but after a while we finally made it home when the sun came up. :D I think KOH should have street names. DETRIOT ROCK CITY! :D

Angie, wish we could of stayed until Sunday but we had to fly out early. Enjoy those with some jello or on cake. Saludos al Jeff.

Gongeuzler, here are some pics of our WRC homologated Puegeot 206 XS
Click here to see the seeded start list, Ken Block starts off on spot #25,
http://www.rallymexico.com/doc/EntryListSeededMx10.pdf

Seeyouonthetrail, I am going to get a huge Chile pepper to give comp to the banana.

Brandon, Maria and I are going to try and make it up to your ranch one day. I will call you later. Pinche Louie, you lucky I did not penny lock your trailer that nite. :grinpimp:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
I was glad to meet you and drag you back to camp from Backdoor. I had to meet the guy behind all the funny pics and you-tube videos, you are a blast, even in defeat you were happy and smiling all the time. Better luck next year! If you ever make it to the east coast to wheel or compete let me know I would be happy to help you out.

Rob Matzell

1 - 20 of 31 Posts