Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im visiting some family in mid sept.15-20. was thinking about taking the crawler out with me. i have done some searching online and it seams their are some great trails in the grand junction area. they live about an hour outside of grand junction. have never been to Co and would like to check out some good trails. im coming from Nv and have a well built rig i believe a friend might join me with his toyota which is built as well. we have run alot of good trails around here many times rubicon, fordyce, moonrocks, and a couple of local trails that are good. was woundering if anyone would like to join us and show us some good trails? what would we be looking at weather wise? i know around here we can expect anything for weather that time of year, what kind of temps should we expect during the day? thanks in advance, Joe.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I always get asked what i mean by built so figured answer before asked. Mine is a 74 scout 351w np435 203/205 doubler 60's 42's fully caged winch and the common sence. The toyota, well is a toyota, toyota cases, 60's 40's winch common sence.

Attachments

·
Registered
774 Posts
21 road is fun and is and awesome canyon to go into just to check out. You can easily spend all day in montrose. Where do your parents live? There is also billings canyon. Its a pretty easy trail for build rigs but we still run it all the time with groups for fun. Now by easy i dont mean just a few boulders in a road. It is challenging for locked rigs on 35s.

Montrose has everything from easy to extreme. Just depends on how crazy you want to get.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'm planning on being in Montrose in the middle of september. We're bringing a group that will range from fully built buggies to a bone-stock JK, and possibly a quad and side-by-side. Something for everybody there. I'd say your rig would get pretty far up 21 road. That's a great trail for varying levels of build too.

If they live towards Rangely, you could have a great time there. Weather should be pretty good that time of year.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well its my uncle im visiting. he is located right outside of montrose so it looks like the trails around that area will be the ones we look at hitting. most likely looking for a mid week day run anywhere between the sept.16th and
19th. if anyone will be out their between those date we would like to hook up otherwise we will just go for it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Montrose

Some of the fun ones there to looks up: Die Trying, Cactus 1 and 2, Calamity, Death Row, and Boulder Canyon. (Last two being the hardest and I haven't had a chance to try them out yet).

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the info! my trip ended up being canceled last minute. looking forward to trying this trip again sometime.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts