Pirate 4x4 banner

greasable frame pins and shackles?

668 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  woody 
#1 ·
What benefits would there be to justify the price of replacing these parts? I need one frame pin while doing my axle swap, so I thought, "while I'm at it" I might as well change them all? The frame pins are $21.95 each and the greasable extended shackles are $63/pair through TPI, though. I only need the rear shackles right now, but that's still around $150. Is it really worth it?

Also, is there a cheaper sourc for the frame pins? Thanks as always.

Jesse

#2 ·
Since I have not priced them recently, I can not comment on price - but check JT Outfitters for a potential source of greasable frame pins and shackles. I can comment on the usefulness of these "upgrades". I think they make the spring bushings last longer. While not a necessity, it certaintly can't hurt your suspension to be well lubed. Just my $0.02 - YMMV

#3 ·
I've got all greasable pins on my truck, and made them myself. A evening with the drill press and there's nothing to it.

IMO, I don't mind them....I don't get any squeaks and "most" of my bushings seem to last fine. (I've got one set that disintegrates every trip, but that's in part due to the flex in the front end....haven't figured out a cure yet...)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.