Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 82 Yota with a 22r engine with a stock carb. Now on that stock carb it has a fuel cut off solinoid that runs its hot wire and ground to a green connector that is also home to the electric choke and coil housing hot wire. Now, my question is..Does that green connector have safty built into it like say a built in fuse to prevent possible fires under the hood? If so, what is that fuse rated at? I have cut out the green connector. It was the source of bad grounding and power isssues. I've splised my hot wires from the coil housing and cut off solinoid into seprate hot wires from my wire harness and sent the solinoid ground to the battery. That worked just fine. But if that green connector has safty built into it I am running the risk of potential electrical fire without putting something in its place. I've looked in the FAQs and done every search i can think of. Still don't know. Anyone out there know? Im hoping the green connector is nothing more than an easy way to quick disconect :D

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I Believe toyota put that plug in it just in case you had to replace any of the wires that they go to (Choke, Fuel Soleniod, and AAF.) I cut mine off when I swapped in a 22R in place of my 20R

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Only Wires I needed were the Fuel Cut Soleniod, my truck wouldn't run without it being connected, My Choke wire was fried so I just cut the wire off, the AAF didn't work either so i clipped the wire for that too. I've heard you can plug the Fuel Cut Soleniod off and still get fuel but i don't know for sure.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"When you turn your key on, this power wire goes hot which opens the solenoid which opens your idle jet. If your key is off or your solenoid is bad, then the solenoid is closed as is your idle jet. Your engine will NOT idle for more than one second if this is the case. Of course the solenoid can become stuck open, which may cause your engine to diesel."
Got that from the FAQs... Solenoid is needed. My ground and power off the solenoid were intermitent and the engine ran like chit. Shaking around acting all sick. My electric choke went out. Replaced it with a manual choke. As far as the coil housing wire..I havent tried to eliminate it. I still leave power going to it. My rig runs great with the power splices done. It would SEEM I dont need the green connector. But I would rather not assume. Im still searching trying to find facts about the green connector. I wish I had not tossed the malfunctioning connector so that i could have cut it open:shaking:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts