Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asking this here due to the fact I will be on hold for ever with our great DMV.May make a purchase on a jeep that is green stickerd only because of smog.My question is how hard or is it possible to go from green sticker back to street registration if I were to take care of smog issues or better yet,non op it then register it in a smog exempt county (I have a place in calavaras).Read some stories where guys say it is so much work that it is not worth the trouble.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,081 Posts
We can talk tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Move to Orygun. Shits was easier than that place south of the border:flipoff2:

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
It depends upon how the owner went about titling it as a green sticker. Many dmv agents suggest or insist that the yitle be junked and re-issued as ohv. If that was the case, it would be nearly or impossible to revert.

It is possible to dual register a vehicle and to non-op the street reg. If you made the vehicle smog compliant, you could register it for street use.

All smog era vehicles require an inspection for a transfer. Titling or registering it in a smog free county would only help after it passes smog when you buy it. I'm not sure what would happen if you transferred as ohv in a smog free county and then decided to register it for street use down the road (assuming dual registration).

·
Registered
8,979 Posts
I'd say it more depends on the office...im pretty sure its legal to go back from ohv to street with a CHP inspection and smog. It might also depend on how long its been ohv.

I reccomend goin to an office closest to your residency in Calavares County...might be more leinent and also willin to help you out unlike the city slickers down here in the Valley

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses,It came from out of state and has never been registered in Ca other than OHV so I think I am going to pass,I'm sure it would be a complete pain in the ars and don't want to take a chance and buy the rig and then I'm stuck.Hate this freakin state!!!!!Glad I didn't sell my junk!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts