Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
25,334 Posts
It depends upon how the owner went about titling it as a green sticker. Many dmv agents suggest or insist that the yitle be junked and re-issued as ohv. If that was the case, it would be nearly or impossible to revert.

It is possible to dual register a vehicle and to non-op the street reg. If you made the vehicle smog compliant, you could register it for street use.

All smog era vehicles require an inspection for a transfer. Titling or registering it in a smog free county would only help after it passes smog when you buy it. I'm not sure what would happen if you transferred as ohv in a smog free county and then decided to register it for street use down the road (assuming dual registration).
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.