Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I got another good chunk done yesterday. Got the cooling system flushed on the v8 and ready to plumb and fill. Got the air intake done with maf sensor wired.

Also got the twin sticks in for the shifters. Plumbed the tranny lines and cooler. Grill wiring back in and bumper/winch on.

Next I will build a new floor and get the Winters shifter install. Then wiring and engine bay beautification

First time outside in weeks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Anyone know where I can get a short radiator hose with 1.5 ends but most importantly need about a 110 degree bend in it. Tried a short flexible hose but get to kinky at the bend even with a spring. Would rather not cut down a 180 but need something. Length has to 6-8 inches. Thoughts?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Anyone know where I can get a short radiator hose with 1.5 ends but most importantly need about a 110 degree bend in it. Tried a short flexible hose but get to kinky at the bend even with a spring. Would rather not cut down a 180 but need something. Length has to 6-8 inches. Thoughts?

I ended up cutting a hose down intended for another vehicle. It fits and will serve.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
I got all the fuel and cooling lines plumbed and ready to go. Also got the accelerator hooked up. Mine is drive by cable.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Also finished the mount for the Winters shifter last night. Tonight I got the new floor built. It turned out pretty good.
Started like this

Finished like this

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Since my last post I got the engine wired up and it runs! Next I need to do some gauge wiring then clean up everything under the hood. Get the drive shafts in and get the exhaust built. After that I can run it and work out any bugs that pop up. I am hoping to have this thing done before a Jeep show Nov 6. Gonna be tight.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I just wrapped up a 6.0 swap in my YJ, best thing I ever did. You will love it. I am just buttoning up some minor issues with my speedo and stuff now.

The 6.0 promptly finished off my pinion bearing on my D60 though... :grinpimp:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
I finished wiring the jeep this weekend. I wanted to keep the factory yj guages but have them work with the 6.0 and it was pretty straight forward so long as you have the wiring schematics. For the tach I used Dakota Digital Universal Tachometer Signal Interfaces SGI-8E to convert the 8 cylinder signal to the jeep 6, I picked this up from summit. For oil pressure I used the factory jeep sending unit but picked up an adapter from amazon https://www.amazon.com/Speedhut-Metric-Adapter-Female-M16X1-5/dp/B00B5W9MF6
(1/8 inch NPT Female to M16X1.5 Male). This way it goes right back in the top rear of the engine. For volt meter, nothing new needed and for temp I used the factory jeep sender from the head and installed into the 6.0 head. My computer controls the fan at 210, for this I setup a 4 pin relay to provide power, ground, switch and output from the small harness wiring to big fan wiring.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I should get the front Tom Woods shaft in today and they should start shortening the rear today as well.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
Tom Woods drivelines are in. It moves now.

I made up some new lines to feed the hydro steering. Guy at psc said the shorter and straighter from the rest to the pump, the better.
This should work

21 - 40 of 74 Posts