Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
Need help folks. Can someone suggest some ls headers that dump rearward instead of down?

This is what mine dump like

I may be able to use my jeep ls swap headers but with my links it will be a tight exhuast job and I am worried about flow etc. I am putting on a mini starter tonight as someone suggested earlier. Just looking for alternatives now before have an exhuast system built around less than ideal circumstances.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Looking at the pictures, I now know why you didnt need a 2 piece front shaft

TH400 and Atlas compared to my th350 and 300

The atlas is just a bit longer (input to output) than a 300. I could have probably gotten away with a 1 piece front shaft but it was way to close for my liking

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Looking at the pictures, I now know why you didnt need a 2 piece front shaft

TH400 and Atlas compared to my th350 and 300

The atlas is just a bit longer (input to output) than a 300. I could have probably gotten away with a 1 piece front shaft but it was way to close for my liking
Gotcha buddy. I also have an adapter between them as well.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Well that was a successful first start! Any snags along the way?
Thanks BGNASTY for sure, it's a jeep. Nothing we could not figure out. A couple nights head scratching with the wiring. Specifically the power rating needing to run the new power supply and computer. All good now.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
Here's what I got now. Notice the front tube comes back and clears the motor mounts nicely but the straight down dump will put the collector in an orgy with the starter and upper link.

On these JBA headers, I think the dump much better and definitely bring the sexy but I am worried about firewall clearance due to the length past the rear flange bolt

These may be perfect but lack the same level of sexy

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
Be sure to give the Magnaflow 700005's a look over for your needs. Looks like it will dump right where you need them to. I think Derek West is running a set on his Ultra 4 car and has photos in his thread of them fitted up.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Be sure to give the Magnaflow 700005's a look over for your needs. Looks like it will dump right where you need them to. I think Derek West is running a set on his Ultra 4 car and has photos in his thread of them fitted up.
Thank you sir, I will look into them.

·
Registered
92 Posts
auto zone

I have the same setup in my CJ, I just went to autozone and bought a couple ones that looked close. I can look and see if the # is still on there when I get home.
Anyone know where I can get a short radiator hose with 1.5 ends but most importantly need about a 110 degree bend in it. Tried a short flexible hose but get to kinky at the bend even with a spring. Would rather not cut down a 180 but need something. Length has to 6-8 inches. Thoughts?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I have the same setup in my CJ, I just went to autozone and bought a couple ones that looked close. I can look and see if the # is still on there when I get home.
That would be much appreciated sir! Thanks

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Hi guys,

Im looking for ideas on routing my exhaust from the ls. The front 4 link brackets, starter (tried a mini), front links and front driveshaft make it really tight and a traditional dump back and down wont work.

I am thinking to route the passenger side to front of the motor by the crank pulley and down the driver side to a y pipe that would connect those two around the tcase driver side area. Then back to a traditional muffler.

Please add suggestions, alternate ideas or links to another. Yes I searched.:homer:

41 - 60 of 74 Posts