Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dec 2nd at 9am is the planned date. If some of you have a trailer to haul stuff away please bring it. Bring trash bags and anything else you think we'll need to clean up Greenhorn.

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Bring friends to! A few other things are a lunch, gloves, water and whatever else you want. Spread the word to. I think a good meeting time would 10 A.M. at the top of the river right where the red dog road comes out in the "main" area.

·
Registered
557 Posts
im in this should be helpful in keeping it open and it should be fun to see all the ppl that show up to help us out, i would really hate to see this great area get closed due to carelessness

·
flamethrower
12,605 Posts
Here is a link to the last clean up 9/22, three full loads of trash!

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=610062&page=3

Things to bring to the clean up: (this from experience, some of these items we did not have and wish we did)

Trucks
Trailers
Gloves
Shovels
Rakes
Trash Bags
Eye protection
Weight belts (if you have them)
Bailing wire
Duct Tape
Tarps
Tools
Recovery Equipment
GPS units
CB's /FSR's
Cameras

I believe a load at the dump will cost about $15.00, those of you bringing trucks and trailers need to be prepared for this cost.

Please document as much as possible, we will need great photos for a presentation to the BLM, FS and LEO's!!!

Thanks!!!:D

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a GPS but why would you need it for picking up trash?

·
flamethrower
12,605 Posts
Taking markers of the places where we can put up signs. Take a photo, and then mark the area.

All part of the plan :)

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
If we can make up teams of 2 or 3 vehicles with 4 or 5 people to varrious areas and trails we can cover alot of ground as well. I have a gps, camera, shovel, rakes, gloves, bailing wire, duct tape, a cb, straps, a winch, and i can get trash bags. each vehicle should have at least one bag. Trailers that are covered in a durable material would be better because we dont want to ruin a good wood topped trailer.

·
Registered
557 Posts
we need some flyers asap and i will get them everywhere i have lots of friends that would come from local 4wd shops and tire places

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Derrick and I are planning on doin a full flyer operation on sunday:D provided we have any flyers

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Ok great. email or PM it to me and Ill print a bunch up and so can Dare44.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I will be there. Any one here a member of the Grass Valley four wheelers? We should contact them as well and get a few more helping hands.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dec 1st at 10am on the Red Dog side of the river.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Folks,

I'm 91advrunner's dad, and as he is in school right now, I'm sending this on his behalf. He didn't realize that Dec 1 is also the Gold Country Toy Run in Natomas, so he and Dare44 are hoping to maybe reschedule to Dec 2 so that there might be more availability of clubs to participate.

I think its a great idea to do, and want to support their efforts, but we might be able to get more help on the 2nd, and there would be no conflicts with those who want to help kids in need on the 1st. What do you say.

Will Corbett
President, Sierra Treasure Hunters

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
It doesn't matter to me... The 8th would work too, that way Bebe and her club could attend. Which would be nice, especially since she has most of the info and contact with the "man" on this matter.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK lets make it for the 8th of December.
I most likely won't be able to go.

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
:confused:Why?

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thats the weekend i planned to be in the Bay Area visiting my old high school friends, i have an eye doctors appointment on the 7th in the bay as well.

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
It's not a problem for me. Lets just nail something down soon so we can get the word out. Dec. is right around the corner.

1 - 20 of 208 Posts