Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would you? The 35's seemed to work better after I grooved them, conformed to the ground surface better and better side hill grip, but then they are 16 wide. Would you groove the 37x13's? Why and why not?

Attachments

·
Registered
860 Posts
i would, for the same reasons you said the 16"'s worked well. grip and conform to the terrain much better. i'm looking at getting some 37x13 and i plan on grooving them the saame way you grooved your 35's.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Sounds like you answered your own question. You stated the benefits of grooving, and one would think that you would have the same benefits on a more narrow tire too. Maybe not to the same affect, but I would groove them.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I've got the 37x13's and I grooved mine.. Works great!!

·
nice roach.
5,739 Posts
Silence of the lambs.......

"It puts the virgin rubber under the knife!!"

-Buffalo Bill

:flipoff2: :D :flipoff2:

Do it man.... cut those mofos!!!

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
I was just curious. I wondered how well you liked that style of grooving since you ran them.

They way I was considering is the one where the big lugs are grooved leangth wise then the small ones just like yours.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
how much does the grooving actually help on sidehills? i'm more concerned with mud performance, as the rocks in my area are usually covered in mud.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Why wouldn't you groove I guess would have been a better question to ask. What are the down sides?

No longer DOT but who cares

easier to tear a lug

what else?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts