Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Look at the write-up on the main page. I believe that is the one that Lance used, or one very similar.

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
I used that groover on my 36s:

It'll take a while, but it's not terribly hard. Basically, if you're only grooving one or two sets a year, that groover is fine. If you'll do much more than that, get a really good (read: insanely expensive) one.

Just get the tire out in the sun on a warm day, and make sure you have the balde in the right way: only one side is sharp. ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've grooved several sets of tires with that groover. It's ok. Hell it's onlt like $60. It will do the job, but slow. Our club just got a new groover. Don't remember what the name of it is but ir an about $350. So it's pretty much the cat's azz:flipoff2:

·
nice roach.
5,722 Posts
If you get it at least make sure that the tires are not cold to the touch because it makes them 10x easier to groove if they're warm. Take your time when you do it and make sure that the head of the groover is pre-heating what you are getting ready to cut.

Happy grooving,

-j-rOd

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I have the same opinion as everyone else, it gets the job done but it isnt what I would use if I was going to do several sets of tires. Heres a pic of my boggers

Attachments

·
Registered
824 Posts
good groover for a couple pairs of tires. or for cheap bastards like me (who borrowed a friends groover just like this one) :D :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts