Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting my first jeep build, will be on 2x4 3/16 wall box frame, Tmr is working with me on the front and rear 4 link using ori struts. The tj body will be boatsided to the frame. Using the venerable 60 front 14 bolt rear with tmr's shave. 38 inch michelin xml's for now. Motor will be a vortec headed 383, sm465 & 205 case. Will start posting pics this weekend. Figure it will take 3-4 months to do.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Motor is now a short block, the tranny and transfercase have been rebuilt. The frame will be picked up from the fab shop thursday and motor mounts, tranny and tcase mounts will be fabbed up this weekend. There is a big push on this build as it has to be done by the end of march...i will be a busy boy. Just need to get my landrover sold as I will soon need a cash injection.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
No you do not need a PB accout. When you reply/post if you look at the icons above where you type there is a paperclip click that then browse your computers photos and double click the ones you want then hit upload. Viola your done. Start posting...:flipoff2:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Going to follow your build for sure.
I'm also using the TMR 4-link kit and 60/14.

I'm very interested to see your frame!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Pics

Some pics to get going, block back from Machine shop and thr crank in, other assorted of the crap ive picked up for the build, still no frame yet as the fab place had a trailer load of stuff to get out last week..the frame is just a favour when they get time.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Look how rusty the damn floor is, hard to believe the body is a 98, picked up a 60 front today so now i can get going on it once the frame is ready.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
pics of frame and axles stripped for cleaning up and trussing.

opened up diffs to find that the rear is a 4.10 as i thought but the front is 4.56, guess i'll be looking for some thick 4.56 gears for the 14 bolt. ordered my trusses from artec, using their 60 ram mount front truss which looks sweet and their regular 14 bolt rear, also ordered their high steer arms...waiting on the ups man now for those.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Picked up the 4 link kits from Tim need at TMR, great guys to work with also picked up 14 bolt disc conversion brackets and their np205 support kit..still waiting for the trusses and high steer arms from Artec but they should be here next week. Ends up the lower links will be 42 inches and the uppers 39 eye to eye. Motor mount I ordered from tinman Fab so they should be here next week also. Some pics.ll

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)

Going to end up with wheelbase of about 110 inches this shows the distance between the lower link mounts. I will be building a removable subframe to carry the lower link mounts and act as a transfercase mount. The Subframe will sit about 4 inches below the frame allowing up to 8 inches of separation between the upper and lower links.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts