Pirate 4x4 banner

181 - 200 of 302 Posts

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
I upgraded the rear tail lights with some 4" LED lights, but the grommet wouldn't fit with out enlarging the hole, so I used a few wraps of electrical tape to snug of the fit and shoved it in the hole to get it shipped over. I didn't like the unfinished look and I didn't want to enlarge the hole to fit the grommet.

A few days ago, I was looking at my old cracked lenses and realized that there was a lip on the lens that was the same size as the LED tail light. After a few measurements, I used a flush trim router bit to cut the center out of the lens and a few drops of super glue around the circumference and now I have stock looking LED tail light.

It took about 5 minutes to do. I need to take some pics with them lit up.

·
Registurd Abuser
2,726 Posts
That looks :smokin: Looks like those flares would cover what I cut out of mine. Did you have issues with the molded area for the ferd body line?

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
That looks :smokin: Looks like those flares would cover what I cut out of mine. Did you have issues with the molded area for the ferd body line?
Not really, the fronts fit great, the last ~8" of the rear fender flare has a bump out for the Ford body line, I just used a strip I cut off a mud flap as a spacer/filler strip. The smaller flares that I mocked up first could just be screwed in with out distorting too much, but the larger flares twisted too much, so I added the filler strip and it came out pretty well IMHO.

Leave them out in the sun to get warm and they get pretty flexible, I used a heat gun to form the bottom edge where they overlapped on the rock slider.

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
I've made some pretty good progress over the last few months, I was gone to Ft Bragg, NC for most of June for work. The end of May, I got my Dana 60 front installed, finished up the fender flares, and a few other odds and ends. When I got back from Ft Bragg, I pulled the hard top and installed a bikini top, now the Scout is ready for summer! I took the Scout over to the alignment shop friday morning, it was great to drive. :grinpimp:

I finally got an appointment for my recon inspection on July 18th, wish me luck! Once that's done, I'll be legal...
(Disregard the lawn edging added to the fender flares...it's temporary)

Then off to get painted :cool:

IMG_0086_2.jpg

IMG_0093_2.jpg

IMG_0099_2.jpg

IMG_0101_2.jpg

IMG_0090_2.jpg

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #190 (Edited)
After 5 years (and three moves across the country and a 14 month deployment), the Scout is legal :grinpimp:

RECON2.jpg

I still have some cosmetic issues and a little odds and ends to sort out *front driveshaft, sway bars, paint but I've been driving it :grinpimp:

July 2006:
img_2496small.jpg

July 2011:

IMG_0086_2.jpg

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
So after driving the Scout all last week, :grinpimp: my Autometer gauges are working great, but the Ford cluster is still not working :mad: It's about 13-14 miles each way to work, and rough guess on MPG is ~17-18mpg, I'd like to break 20MPG. Original F250 gearing was 3.55 w/~29" tire, I have 4.10s and 37's so it's geared pretty low.

I did have some body sway issues, the rear Bronco II springs were really soft. I added 3 additional leaves from a Ford Ranger, and that seemed to help. I also ordered up a set of Currie Anti-Rock Swaybars. I got the rear one installed and it made a significant improvement to reduce body sway/lean/roll.

IMG_0167_2.jpg

IMG_0168_2.jpg

IMG_0169_2.jpg

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
I am way behind on updates...So I got the Scout painted back in September:

IMG_02302.jpg

IMG_02342.jpg

IMG_02362.jpg

IMG_02551.jpg