Pirate 4x4 banner

161 - 180 of 302 Posts

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
So, what ever happened with the trucking company?
Nothing, yet. Even if I get an estimate from a body shop, I doubt I'll see any restitution from the trucking company.

Make sure you take some pics of that dana 60 install, and try to include some hula dancers.:D
:grinpimp: Hula Girls... I wish...

Sorry, I don't have the mad skillz of Dan Dibble :flipoff2:

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Not really, I still have to get it inspected here and wanted to at least get the hood hinge fixed before I did that. I've been really busy at work and haven't had time to take it in and get all the paperwork done. I *hope* to get it inpected in the next week and start driving.

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #166 (Edited)
Well, I got a new hinge for the hood, so now it closes properly, although it still has a big dent in it, I've got other things to sort out before I worry about the fixing the hood.

I failed inspection (I knew I would fail unless the guy was blind in both eyes, but I neded to find out EXACTLY what I needed to fix)... for those of you that don't know, Hawaii, the island of Oahu specifically, has some pretty crazy vehicle code/law. In addition to a standard yearly safety inspection, if you have a modified vehicle you have to pass a reconstruction "recon" inspection. The recon inspection is a one time inspection (assuming you don't make any other mods). There's only one place in Honolulu that does the inspection, and I need to fix a few more things before I go in for that. I have to show proof of alignment, and a bunch of other junk.

The biggest thing I need to fix is my fender flares don't cover the tire and I have to have mudflaps, too.

I mocked up the Wild Horses Bronco flares that I bought last year (before I found out I was coming to Hawaii) to see how they would look and where I needed to trim. I ordered a larger set of flares that I *hope* will get me through the recon inspection.
I think the Bronco flares look pretty good...now non-IHer's will REALLY think it's a Bronco :laughing:

PIC-0134.jpg

PIC-0135.jpg

PIC-0136.jpg

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
I also swapped out the DRW hubs for SRW hubs on my D60. Once I get my High steer arms from Ballistic Fab, I'll go ahead and swap in the D60 before I get my alignment to pass recon inspection.

I replaced the bearings and hub seal while I was in there, the old bearings were shot.

PIC-0132.jpg

PIC-0133.jpg

PIC-0138.jpg

PIC-0139.jpg

·
"All Weeee Drive!"
12,033 Posts
That's strange. I'd ask around a bit.

My buddy just moved back here after 5 years in Maui.
He says the DMV & the Cops on Maui use the word "braaau" every other word.
As long as your not drunk or stoned, they could care less.

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
That's strange. I'd ask around a bit.

My buddy just moved back here after 5 years in Maui.
He says the DMV & the Cops on Maui use the word "braaau" every other word.
As long as your not drunk or stoned, they could care less.
Maui doesn't have the recon inspection...just Oahu :flipoff2:

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #172

·
Registered
551 Posts
Maui has some good trails, and the cops over here are cool about the trucks on the road .... oahu is another story. and we do not have recon here thank God :)

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
Yeah, I need some pontoons, propeller, and a rudder!

I got my wider fender flares mounted, but I am STILL waiting on some parts from Ballistic Fab so I can finish putting the D60 in, get an alignment, and hopefully I can get an appointment and pass inspection.

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
Should have called Ruff Stuff...:homer:
If Dan sold D60 high steer arms, I'd already have them, that's for sure. I have a bunch of parts from Dan (diff covers, spring hangers, etc) and Ruff Stuff is top-notch, with quick, cheap shipping (it's amazing how much Dan can cram in a flat rate USPS box).

I bought parts from Ballistic in the past and had great parts/service...but now... not so much. I'm 2 months behind now.:mad3:

I got the fenders cut with the new wider flares, added mud flaps, and a few other odds and ends.

Once I get the steering parts, I should finish the D60 swap, get an alignment, and get my inspection... hopefully.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
If Dan sold D60 high steer arms, I'd already have them, that's for sure. I have a bunch of parts from Dan (diff covers, spring hangers, etc) and Ruff Stuff is top-notch, with quick, cheap shipping (it's amazing how much Dan can cram in a flat rate USPS box).

I bought parts from Ballistic in the past and had great parts/service...but now... not so much. I'm 2 months behind now.:mad3:

I got the fenders cut with the new wider flares, added mud flaps, and a few other odds and ends.

Once I get the steering parts, I should finish the D60 swap, get an alignment, and get my inspection... hopefully.
If you can change your order, I would like you to look at WFO for the high steer arms.

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
Yeah... I was checking WFO, Poly Perf, Parts Mike out last night, I'm going to give Ballistic a chance to fix it, but if it doesn't get resolved soon, I'm ordering from somebody that has stock on hand can deliver riki-tik.

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
All right, well... I have made some progress, but I've been delayed getting the D60 swap done since I'm waiting on some hi-steer parts from Ballistic Fab :mad::mad: but I did make some progress in the fender flare department. The original Wild Horses Gorilla flares I got only add about 2.5" of tire coverage, and in order to pass the reconstruction inspection in Oahu :mad: :mad: I need to cover the tires and add mud flaps. So I ordered up the Wild Horses Silverback Flares which cover about 4"-4.5" which covers the rear great, and I'll probably have to get creative to pass on the front, but it's a lot better. The mud flaps look stupid...but it's better than getting a ticket.

Scout purists, turn your eyes away. Aw who am I kidding, those guys fainted and quit reading a long time ago. The smaller Gorilla flares fit a little better than the larger Silverback flares. They are super tough and flexible, I tried to follow the Scout fender lines, and I think they look pretty damn good.:grinpimp:

161 - 180 of 302 Posts