Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So myself and a few others were bidding on a lot of very reasonably priced ammo.

I entered the "buy it now" price the guy wanted, prior to the end of the auction. I did not click the buy it now icon.

Ten minutes later, prior to the end of auction a guy enters the same buy it now amount and he hits the buy it now button.

Guess who won the auction? The buy it now guy, even though I entered the same amount, ten minutes prior to end of auction, the other guy won.

I protested to GB and learned the hard way. I lost the auction.

Lesson learned, if the price is right, buy it now.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually no. I bid the asking price 10 minutes prior to the end of auction. Never knew how the buy now option worked. I guess I do now.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
you mean if I just add something to my cart on Amazon and don't click the checkout button they won't send it to me? :confused:

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
There is a little bubble with a question mark next to the buy it now button. Clicking that gives you an exact description of the rules regarding buy it now.

·
Premium Member
5,557 Posts
Just curious, if you bid $5 more than the "Buy it Now" price, would the other guy have won the auction at the "Buy it Now" price?

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Just curious, if you bid $5 more than the "Buy it Now" price, would the other guy have won the auction at the "Buy it Now" price?
No, the buy it now price should have gone away when he bid the same price as the buy it now.

·
Registered
154 Posts
So you can bid a penny more than BIN and lose the BIN option. But you don't own it until end of auction and someone else can bid more.

·
Premium Member
10,659 Posts
No, the buy it now price should have gone away when he bid the same price as the buy it now.

Not at all.

So you can bid a penny more than BIN and lose the BIN option. But you don't own it until end of auction and someone else can bid more.

BIN stops the auction. The item is sold. That is the sellers price to take it.

Bidding is bidding. You can bid 1 cent more than the BIN or 100, doesn't matter. The auction will continue until the time has run out or the BIN option has been used.

·
Gravity Works!
30,943 Posts
Not at all.

BIN stops the auction. The item is sold. That is the sellers price to take it.

Bidding is bidding. You can bid 1 cent more than the BIN or 100, doesn't matter. The auction will continue until the time has run out or the BIN option has been used.
Not sure about that. I think it disappears once bid $ is higher then BIN.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts