Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What have you observed?
I have seen the shows go downhill bad $190 SKS's, WAYTHEFUCK overpriced ammo (.223 wolf steel cased at $6 a box) and motherfuckers thinking their used guns are not used..well by the prices anyway.
And yes assholes, I see the fucking C&R prices online and you are tacking $50-$100 on that and think I am going to buy that shit?? and that is MY retail prices.

Aces'n'8s said:
oh and some no-name stripped AR lowers for $140
It seems the local ones have been this way for the last 5 years. Upon observing $0.50 a piece SKS charging strips, $300 Yugo SKS's, 100 knives for $10, or noticing piles of $275/1000 Sov Bloc ammo, or $1500 base model ARs, the better deals are outside.

I think all the dealers went to the same seminar as they all reply "that's a good price"....whenever he start haggling with them.

:laughing:

·
Registered
337 Posts
I went to my first ever gunshow this morning an aside from the fact that it was really small and not even 80% of the booths were full, it was not all that bad. I get a hard on from S&W break-top revolvers and I saw a good amount of them for a lot less than I have been seeing them go for on gunbroker or elsewhere.

Fortunately I did not buy anything since I purposely did not take any money. The only thing I really wanted to get while I was there was a stripped lower but they did not even have any.:mad3:

I did see some things that I damn well knew was overpriced but these guys will hopefully learn that the demand for their products at that price is nonexistent.

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
The only value I've found in shows locally (maybe the local ones just suck, I dunno) is in discontinued accessories (in my case, Astra magazines; I really oughta sell/trade it in favor of something that's still made, or at least was made by a company that's still in business) and that's pretty hit-or-miss.

If you can still get what you want at a regular gunshop or regular mailorder, the prices are better, the condition/quality is better, the selection is better... it's just when you can't find it in the "retail network" at all, that there's a chance of finding it at a show at a remotely reasonable deal.

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh ya. airsoft can find someplace else, thanks :D

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
The only value I've found in shows locally (maybe the local ones just suck, I dunno) is in discontinued accessories (in my case, Astra magazines; I really oughta sell/trade it in favor of something that's still made, or at least was made by a company that's still in business) and that's pretty hit-or-miss.

If you can still get what you want at a regular gunshop or regular mailorder, the prices are better, the condition/quality is better, the selection is better... it's just when you can't find it in the "retail network" at all, that there's a chance of finding it at a show at a remotely reasonable deal.
Yeap. I've got an old A-100 chambered in .45, and the cheapest mags at the last show were well used and the guy wanted $60 for the pair. I love the gun too much to get rid of it.

The only deals I ever find are in the parking lot, and sometimes with some of the milsurp guys. It's definitely not been worth the ten dollar entry fee the last few times.

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
The internet rules all!!

But seriously the only reason I went to the last one was to see what was available, nothing. And check prices, pretty damn high.
There is one in town the last weekend of the month and I plan on getting a table.
I know all of my prices are lower then what I see on the net.
And they are way lower then our only real local shop, Specialty Sports. Jensens is over a 90 minute drive from here and yet people still drive up there because their prices are so good compared to SS in town.
Some of my prices are not as low as Jensens, he is really hard to beat with some manufacturers (like S&W), but if I can get at lest close to his then I should do pretty well locally.

·
Registered
9,708 Posts
What have you observed?
I have seen the shows go downhill bad $190 SKS's, WAYTHEFUCK overpriced ammo (.223 wolf steel cased at $6 a box) and motherfuckers thinking their used guns are not used..well by the prices anyway.
And yes assholes, I see the fucking C&R prices online and you are tacking $50-$100 on that and think I am going to buy that shit?? and that is MY retail prices.
How about $400 10/22 magnums (non modd'd though) that look like they were test specimens for a stoned airdrop outfit.

$6 for wolf steel .223? Try $9.99 for Wolf steel 62gr. because those gun dealers ask "Have you tried to buy any 62gr lately?" Yeah, backorders are a pain aren't they....:shaking:

Or, $5 for a box of Super Colibri. Or $200 Mosin's, yes they look very nice....but still, $200? I also saw a "bi-tone" 92 with a Brigadier stainless slide and barrel on a blued frame for $700. :eek:

I won't even get into the tact'd out scatterguns. A part of me cringed when I saw an 870 Wingmaster in BBQ grill black all tact'd out.

·
Registered
7,533 Posts

what kind of astra?

i have an a75l in good shape i wouldn't mind getting rid of. 4 mags for it too.

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
i bought an ar last time i went to the show for a decent deal.. i posted a thread on here about it.

there's a lot of overpriced shit at our shows but they are typically big enough that some good deals are there to be had.

i've noticed that any FALs or STG58s are seriously overpriced. ARs are hit or miss, and you can typically get good deals on shotguns, glocks, taurus handguns, sigs, and H&K (unless its a usp tactical :eek: )

the accessories and mags are still pretty cheap. oh, and the beef jerky guy is WAY fucking overpriced!!!

·
Premium Member
30,199 Posts
I save myself the aggravation and entry fees by not going. Fun Shows bring the suck.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Funny. Mine's 9mm (also A-100), normally the only Astra mags I can find, are .45.
If you find any at a decent price, let me know. I'll return the favor.

You ever had any trouble out of yours? I got mine for 200 bucks, nearly new. Everyone said it would be trouble, but that thing is a beast. Handles Wolf just fine.

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
Only ever-close-to-trouble I've had was at the range, after probably two years of sitting around with no cleaning/oiling, probably 300ish rounds through it that day (range day for CCW class, my wife and I were sharing it), the slide got kinda crunchy and didn't want to cycle cleanly.

A little bit of oil, and life was good; it got a very thorough cleaning that afternoon. Never a failure of any kind that I can blame on malfunction, and only ever that one that wasn't even a failure at all (well, maybe a failure of mine, to keep it clean-n-lubed), just it felt "wrong" to me so I dealt with it. Never a problem since (although I've been better about keeping it clean/lubed and taking it shooting more often) either.

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
my a75l is chambered in 9mm.

the only trouble i have had is with the slide release. the nub that catches the spring holding the lever down wore off and the slide would lock back after every shot. new release lever and it's fine.

it's a great beater gun!

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Went to a big show yesterday. The worst I observed was Golden Tiger 7.62x39 going for $250 a thousand. :shaking: Both of the major ammo sellers present were WAY out of line on prices, and both had large signs proclaiming that ammo was going up 200% in the next 6 months.

·
Registered
7,331 Posts
The one we just had here recently was a joke.

600 bucks for a ak bullpup that looked like ass in a can. :shaking:

7.62 for 280.00 a thousand.

"tacticool" ar's for 1800 bucks.

Who in their right mind is going to pay 700 bucks for a pitted 9mm high power? :laughing:

The only real "deal" was some ak kits that looked pretty damn good for 110.00 and a single ingram mac 10 kit for 200.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Went to a big show yesterday. The worst I observed was Golden Tiger 7.62x39 going for $250 a thousand. :shaking: Both of the major ammo sellers present were WAY out of line on prices, and both had large signs proclaiming that ammo was going up 200% in the next 6 months.
Shit I should have said something I was there Friday/Saturday. I can go to our local show for free and dont most of the time because it's so bad, like why do people sell beads at a gun and knife show?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts