Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While headed in to Spider I ran into a guy who said he had to assist in the rescue of a guy who was injured in a roll over accident near little sluice. He said that Life Flight had to pick him up. He mentioned that he was blue and having serious trouble breathing. Apparently the medics immediately put tubes in his lungs to assist with breathing.

Anyone know who the guy is, or his current condition?

I didn’t get the impression that this guy was going to make it :(

EDIT: We now know this happened near BIG sluice.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Worried about my buddies now...

Mark (well done man) in a big Blue and white EB
Tracy and his family in a beauty blue CJ w/ a 350
Brett in a built TJ
Jess in a built black XJ
I think JiMMy is up there too.

What kinda rig was it?

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
JoshC said:
What kinda rig was it?
It was a Sammy buggy.
Hopefully the guy will make it, he was really busted up.
It's been said time and time again, WEAR YOUR SEATBELT!!!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Looks like another Darwin Filter. Well the last few years the Con' has been averaging 1 life flight each summer. I have been there for the last 4! This one is early in the year, bet there will be more!! :shaking: :shaking:

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Jes said:
It was a Sammy buggy.
Hopefully the guy will make it, he was really busted up.
It's been said time and time again, WEAR YOUR SEATBELT!!!
Can you describe it more? Like color?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was an extremely busy weekend from Loon to the sluice, their must have been several people who witnessed it...

·
Premium Member
7,489 Posts
This is copied from another site....... maybe a little better description of what happened :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The shit went down Friday evening. A guy in a Sammy buggy rolled over 1 and a half times at the 180 at the top of Big Sluice. His passenger was ejected from the vehicle and ended up pinned under the rig. They said he was pinned for 3 minutes before they hi-lifted the vehicle off him.
I had just got back to camp when someone yelled down for help. I went running down there(we were at the last Lakeside camp spot at Buck) and uppon seeing the individual I knew it wasn't good. I ran back and one ofthe guys we knew from NAXJA's SoCal chapter had a HAM radio and called CalStar(or whoever) and they sent out the medevac. Andy and Phil found a place for them to land above the lake and we helped the EMTs in any way we could. After they got the guy on a back board we carried him up to the waiting chopper. Looked like collapsed lungs, broken ribs/sternum, and maybe more.
Please, wear your seat belt!

·
Registered
7,592 Posts
First i have heard of this, i was up there since thursday. Thanks for the concern Joel. Our group is all well (mark and I anyways) as we had to turn around early.

My Prayrs and wishes for the family and friends of him.

(ps: i got made fun of because i put my seatbelt on when i load an unload my trailer. Habbit is a good thing)

jiMMy

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
tdavis said:
Can you describe it more? Like color?
I think it had a grey cage and maybe a blue body, there was an all white one that was narrowed and tubed out with him though.
I asked them if they were with the big Sammy run going on and they said "no".

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Jes said:
I think it had a grey cage and maybe a blue body, there was an all white one that was narrowed and tubed out with him though.
I asked them if they were with the big Sammy run going on and they said "no".
I meet those two at the Toyota Hammers run.. I hope the passenger ends up ok!

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
The sammy was kind of a primer black with olive drab tubes, bumpers, had a semi-bumpin stereo and a full compliment of Budweiser.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I wonder how much
loose nut dan said:
a full compliment of Budweiser.
contributed to the situation. Hope he is ok though.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
On one hand I hope they end up ok and healthy, but on the other hand, these dumb asses are exactly the kind of rejects that are attracting all the bad publicity to the Con.
Drinking and no seat belts + bad crash :mad3:

This is one of the topics that we have been harping on here lately is the partying and wheeling crap that goes on up there.
When the fawk will people learn?? :mad3:

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
the injured guy's name is Pete, he's asian, and they flew him to Sutter Roseville. I'm not sure I want to hear the outcome, he wasn't lookin good; in a comma, broke just about every rib and quite possibly his back, serious lung problems, etc.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts