Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, actually it's not as powerful as I hoped, but it's downright spunky in 4-low. I tried to get it to do a burnout for a buddy of mine and just had to share a couple attempts with you. Pretty funny stuff. It's damn hard to spin two 35" tires, damn that Detroit!

Actually hit the trail with it this weekend. Only been about TWO YEARS! I can't wait!!! :D

Burnout attempt #1

Burnout attempt #2

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Congrads on gettting the GWagon on the Trail. Good ta see ya in here again. It's been a while.

Sport Acro note for Golly G: Michelle and Darin from Hand 2 Hand say Hi. My team is starting off pretty well. Our first season and they are pshyched and improving from Meet to Meet. Ohhh and Michelle is having major surgery. Put her in your prayers!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
when I try to look at these all I get is an error saying that the mpeg is not a valid win32 file. I have had this problem with a few mpegs.

Any sugestions? (assuming these Mpegs have worked on others computers after downloading)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dunno, I haven't heard of others having problems. Are you using Windows Media Player?

I've been working on www.coloradoacro.com and showed up at an event and played with a bunch of people doing different tricks. I had heard that about Michele, I'm defintely praying for her.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
GollyGwagen said:
I dunno, I haven't heard of others having problems. Are you using Windows Media Player?
this is my default player yes. It never even opens it though. It says it is invalid before it even opens the player.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
player

hmmmm interesting. If I open the player first then copy into it the url for your movie it works fine. It just wont work by downloading it first. hmmmmmmmm??

·
Registered
207 Posts
Cool video. Maybe the reason you can't do a burnout is because of the rubber driveshaft:flipoff2:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm sure if I had a manual tranny it would lay rubber easy, but that torque donverter sure is nice on the trail! Of course that's almost like religion or politics, but after driving the buggy once I knew I had to have an auto. This will be my first auto vehicle ever!

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Yeah I agree.. auto is the way to go. On my TJ I went auto at first only because they were a shorter transmision thus had a longer rear drive line. I figured this would be better for upgrades in the future. Which has proved to be true.

The learning curve is much better with an auto. I may get lazy one day with my Mog and look further into installing some of the new fangled handicapped manuel tranny shifting mechanisims. They add some automation to the process. Their is some cool stuff out there in this area.

·
Registered
207 Posts
The Telligent shifting that Benz has employed is quite nice. It does the shifting and you do the clutch. Or you can override the computers gear choice and choose 1-8 yourself.
I love driving and I could never buy an auto. Just a personal choice. Every automatic car I drive I find myself wanting a manual. Car shifts when you don't want it to, no second gear starts, no rolling starts to get the engine going, downshifting to too low of a gear coming out of a corner, thus loosing speed....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, no doubt I miss the manual for actual driving, but I'll tolerate it for the way it works for Rock Crawling. You just kinda idle along with a foot on the brake and the other on the gas. Never dies, never slips, just feather the gas and she pops right over. Man it's nice, but it sometimes feels like cheating.

Wouldn't own anything but a stick for a street vehicle though, the auto sucks for canyon diving.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts