Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i picked up some hummer wheels this weekend and of course need them recentered. running d60/14bolt combo with 42's on an 87ish F-150 what is a good backspacing to set them at?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I'm assuming they are SRW axles??? Most people will recenter them 4" to 4.75" of backspacing for fullwidth axles.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I'm at about 3.75" and they work well. Any more than that and they'll rub the front suspension pretty bad. I had to turn out the stop screws quite a ways to keep 42's from hitting the frame ahead of the tires even after removing the radiator support body mounts from the frame.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok cool, i dont know if it matter or not but my front axle is moved forward about 6". but im thinking some where between 3.25 and 3.75 is where i need to be

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
i have a somewhat on topiuc quesiton, im confused

right now i run 16.5x12 wheels with 4.5" backspacing, i have a set of 16.5x10 double beadlocks on order, i cant figure out what backspacing to use....i want the same width i am at now. or a little wider for clearance.

i guess my question is with a 12 inch wide wheel and 10 inch wide wheel, and both having the same backspacing, would i be narrower with the 10 inch wide wheel? what b/s do i need to be the same as 12 inch wide wit 4.5 bs?

im confusing myself here

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
You want the same overall width at the outside edges of the tires? You'd need to have 2" less backspacing.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
You want the same overall width at the outside edges of the tires? You'd need to have 2" less backspacing.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
so if i run 2.5 b/s wheels, will that give me a horrendus scrub radius??

or will it be the same as the 12's with 4.5 b/s.....thats whats im thinking will be the case?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts