Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching and most of the returns are from the for sale section.

Has any one run 44 Tsl's on stock h1's? I know they are kinda narrow for them but how it work?

Also with that set up what would the tires mesure outside to outside on a srw 14b an d60?

for a street legal rig would the runflats center or one of the other options be a better choice?

By stock H1's i mean not recenterd or any thing. And does any body make hight steer arms that will clear, I heard about one company that did I was told they no longer offer them.

Thanks for you advice.

ECG

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
sure you arnt talking about an H2? Cause those are WAY hardcore!

·
Registered
854 Posts
I think he is referring to H1 wheels, not the actual vehicle...at least I hope.

·
Registered
10,684 Posts
I am guessing the vehicle is used for travel over snow, in which case there are way better choices. For starters, anything not IFS/IRS.
But the hub reduction would help.
Then again, the H1 does have a smooth belly pan and good clearance so it might actually work very well in the snow except for the weight factor.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry for the confussuon i mean the rims.

And i have searched for manny hours on the info i am looking for but most all the replys are from people eather buying or selling them.

Im building a S-10 sitting on one tones on 44's thats the reason i was wondering on the width of the set up with hummer rims.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Hell i got 42 tsl's and h1 rims. And have had no problems. Im glad i went with them. Cost and get dual bead locks. I had to recenter mine for rockwells. With my huds flipped and the b/s moved to 4 1/4. Im like 87" to the out side of the tire. I Run with a guy that has 42 tsl's and h1's and 1 tones he like 2 1/2's past the locking hubs. Its pretty narrow. U sould be able to find imfo. On this set up on here i fould alot. Befor i did mine.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the help I just tryed searching again and got some diffrent replys so it looks like i got some more reading to do!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
az-k5 said:
Wow, is that what a hummer looks like when a crap magnet is attached on high?? :barf:
That´s what a hummer looks like when icelanders try to use it as a rescue vehicle.

And no it isn´t enough to save it from being useless.

A better try...

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
hjortur said:
That´s what a hummer looks like when icelanders try to use it as a rescue vehicle.

And no it isn´t enough to save it from being useless.
no shiat, that's what happens when you run a 10k pound rig on the ice & snow.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was just looking around the net and found some good pis of hummer rims on a D60 here http://www.geocities.com/yj3qtr_ton/hummerwheels.html . By they wa it looks their the only thing that interfers with the rim is the stock tie rod arm. How much would it weeken the knuckle alot? And then all you would have to do is run a full highsteer/cross over steering set up. Then you could run a stock BS H1 rim with out spacers or recentering. Am I on the right track or am i missing somthin?

Thanks

ECG

1 - 16 of 16 Posts