Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
should fit fine, I drilled mine out with a step drill and am running "normal" metal type stems. (mounting like those, just not flush)

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
I run those flush valve stems.

They're a little more aggravating to deal with (gotta keep up with the adapter tube thingy), but not enough that I wouldn't run them again. And you will never rip a valve stem off again!

·
THE VOICE OF REASON
1,577 Posts

·
Visa Master
2,323 Posts
Can't put a stubby rubber stem in the hole, pull it INTO the inside of the tire and drill a new hole in a new location?

·
Here's Johnny!
1,582 Posts
I used these when I had h2's

http://surevalves.info/
Thats what I run. I dont leave the breakaway upper stem attached. My only complaint was that the hole in the wheel isnt big enough for any of the sockets I had so I used some needle nose pliers to hold the outer nut while tightening it up.

Otherwise I've been happy with them and havent had any issues.

·
Broke Bastard
4,117 Posts
Can't put a stubby rubber stem in the hole, pull it INTO the inside of the tire and drill a new hole in a new location?
uh... no.

First, the stem would never stay put. They have a tiny rim to hold it in place and that would never hold under pressure.

second, the valve core would be backwards and the air would just push out.

·
Premium Member
19,786 Posts
I had those gorilla ones, I hated them.
If you do buy them, buy about 10 of those little adapters as you will lose them all.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I had those gorilla ones, I hated them.
If you do buy them, buy about 10 of those little adapters as you will lose them all.
I ran them for a few years and had good luck, these guys are right, they key is to come up with a secure place to keep the filler tube and be very particular about putting it back. I lost the filler tube in a rollover at the same time I de-beaded a tire. That sucked!

·
THE VOICE OF REASON
1,577 Posts
Thats what I run. I dont leave the breakaway upper stem attached. My only complaint was that the hole in the wheel isnt big enough for any of the sockets I had so I used some needle nose pliers to hold the outer nut while tightening it up.

Otherwise I've been happy with them and havent had any issues.
True that, I remembering some way to just turn the stem from the back side and Held the nut by wedging a screw driver between the nut and the counterbore. It was a while ago.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts