1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
193 Posts
Call Steve at Rugged Rocks. He would be more then happy to point you in the right direction even if it's not him that sells it to you.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Lokka only makes a front locker for the WD22s... There's no practical way (without custom shafts, etc) to put an auto locker in an Xterra H233B. It's a shame there's not more aftermarket support in NA, they are stout axles.

I wasn't willing to spend money on an ARB or TJM when it was coming out anyway so I welded the spiders into a solid ball and ran it, worked great for a few months before it got pulled.

·
Under Powered
905 Posts
There's no practical way (without custom shafts, etc) to put an auto locker in an Xterra H233B.
Simply not true. '99 and early '00 (through 9/99) V6 Frontier 4x4s had 31-spline shafts that work with Detroit and other lockers designed for the 4-pinion carrier in the Hardbody pickups and Pathfinders. These are the correct width and bolt right up to the 33-spline housings, all you need is the carrier, locker, tube seals, and these shafts.

I have had a set in my 2001 Frontier since late 2004, running a Detroit locker. The axles are out there in the yards. Way back when I did mine the lockers were still pretty cheap and shipping was not outrageous on things like shafts and the like (I did mine for less than $650 total). Nowadays I am not sure how much you will save over just installing an ARB. Well maybe if you used a cheaper lunchbox locker option instead of a Detroit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts