Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw your guy's rigs the other day on the road being trailored...cmon man update us on them. Welderboys rig looks alot different than it did last year, and I must say your buggy came together NICELY. I'm jealous.

So give us some update pics man! :D

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Bill and I went out to Moonrocks to wheel with a few of the Pirates, and some of the Hardcore Reno wheelers.
Welderboy's rig worked awsome and he was wheeling like he was posessed. He laughed at absolutely every line from the last competition out there, and many more that were almost too insane to imagine. He broke a TH350 tranny in half at the bell housing on Friday night, but was able to weld it back together at a guys shop in Reno on Saturday. He drove it with no problems after that until he tore his front ram apart, durring some act of stupidity on Saturday night(actually early Sunday Morning).

My rig was performing awsome but broke Friday night when I shreaded the front pinion gear. We thought we had a new set of gears being delivered but it fell apart, and i was left with 2 wd for most of the weekend.

Billy Bob, and Johnny Rotten were Fully Getting It. Billy Bob rolled hard on the upper half of the CalROCS #7 course on Friday night, with Kathy riding along. The roll tore up his radiator, but he was able to keep the rig running through the weekend.

It was a great time

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
This thread already sucks......without PICS!!!!!

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Rock Toy said:
This thread already sucks......without PICS!!!!!

Haha, its not gonna get much better either, i dont think we took a single pic all weekend.

I really need to get another digital cam, I just cant get myself to take film pics anymore.

Both of the rigs are down at Welder Boys shop, if anyone wants to stop by with a camera and snap a few spy photos, feel free.

Mine isnt quite complete, buts its really close, basicly for this round of work, it just needs a few more items to make it comp legal.
In a few weeks the front 60 will go in, and Bill will link, and tube the front.

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe I'll stop by soon and get some pics if its cool... :D

Can't believe you guys broke so much shit already. :flipoff2:

:D

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FULLSIZE said:

when your acually wheelin, who has time for pics?:flipoff2:
Thats why you have someone whos not wheeling take the pics for you :D

·
Premium Member
14,731 Posts
Hey Jeff I pmed you about stopping by later last week - never got a PM back.. lemme know I may be over there to pickup some parts .. shoot me a PM

-todd

·
Registered
961 Posts
was there today pickin up my axle from RCD. i've been watchin the build up of H8mondays rig,it is sick. Glenns rig is lookin alright to withit's suzuki grand viagrra v6 automatic atlas combo.pretty groovy.:D

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
FULLSIZE said:

when your acually wheelin, who has time for pics?:flipoff2:

Hahaha, yeah I used to just tip the rig hard to Kathy's side and scare her enough to want out. Then I could get her to take pics. But now she knows that the rig is very stable and safe, and she says, she is actually looking forward to rolling in it,....so now I have no one to take photos.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
PYRO said:
Jeff's never there :flipoff2:
Hey wayne, sorry i missed you when you came by,... but thats the life of working stiff, its hard to fit into your vacation schedule.:flipoff2:
Thanks for the "FO'WHEELAH" stickers,(even though Gearman and Welderboy took 2 of them before I could get to them).

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
FULLSIZE said:

:eek: no more 44?

:D
I will run the 44 for a couple of more comps, but as soon as the 60 is done we will swap it.

I think we did plenty to prove just how strong a well built D44 really is, but for comp, I just want the extra strength in the knuckles.

We plan to pimp some of WB's steel knuckles, along with some CTM, and J.E Reel parts. It will be a very tough axle(but not quite as Bling as the Glittah King's).

My D44 (with fresh Spicer Gears) will be going up for sale.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Hey Jeff are you comming out to my run-what-you-brung weekend? I have moved the date to the 12th since your are about the only one I know with a working rig:D It should be a good time. Bring food, drink, and campin stuff cuz I think it will be an all nighter. Joel and I did some work out ther with a few new rocks I got from doing the house pad.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
66CJdean said:
Hey Jeff are you comming out to my run-what-you-brung weekend? I have moved the date to the 12th since your are about the only one I know with a working rig:D It should be a good time. Bring food, drink, and campin stuff cuz I think it will be an all nighter. Joel and I did some work out ther with a few new rocks I got from doing the house pad.

Mine isnt excactly running either at this point, but its really close.

It sure sounds like fun, I think it depends on whether or not I have the money to enter and run the RCAA event at Reno the following weekend. If I can make the Reno event I will probably need that weekend to save money, and keep the rig healthy.
I would really like to get out and wheel with you guys, but I probably wont know for sure untill right before. If there is anyway I can make it I will.
Thanks again for the invite.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Is the event going to be at moonrocks? I'll be up in reno that weekend and could spend Saturday day out there if that is where it is at.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
66CJdean said:
Is the event going to be at moonrocks? I'll be up in reno that weekend and could spend Saturday day out there if that is where it is at.

Shoot, I just looked at the Calendar that Kelly sent me, and shows that the RCAA event (it is at Moonrocks), is on the same weekend as your get together. (04-11-03 / 04-13-03).

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
You guys are hardcore, It was nasty here last weekend. I had to work in the crap. Sorry I missed it. Hope to see the new rigs at the moonrocks event.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts