Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by today to see how WB and Jeff were coming along with Jeff's (H8monday) rig... I snapped a few pics while I was there. :D:D

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Next... :D

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nother...

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:D

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You'll have to wait till Jeff gets on here for details. I'm just postin pics for him... :D:D Here's another...

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and yet another... :D

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Thanks for the pics Glen!

The upper wishbone linkage, has huge cement truck TRE's at all three corners. The lower links use Johny Joints(or actually the R.E. version of them).
The TRE's are monsterouse, the 2 at the forward corners have 1 1/8" threads, the single unit at the rear has 1 1/4" threads.

WB has used a similar design on his rig with good performance results, and reliability.
The design appears to work well, so far,(in the shop). :D

I hope to have it ready for testing by weekend after next. Might have to take a trip out to Moonrocks.

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
More you say??? :D:D

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Like the sliders...

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
where is this all taking place?? did a bunch of dudes buy a shop and just share it or what?

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, last one, I promise... :D:D

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
TRD said:
who is building that cage and who designed it (if it was designed)

thanks

Bill Rowlette (owner of WELDER BILL'T, MFG.), and commonly referred to as "Welder Boy", is designing and fabbing the entire project. He has been great to work with, he has listened to my input, and is fabricating the design around my driving style(if you can call anything about my driving,"Style":D ).
The entire cage is Tig welded, and his welding skills are awsome.
Im used to beauty grinding most of my welds, then covering them with a thick coating of primer and paint.
Bills welds are like artwork, I almost want to clear coat it and forget about paint.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
rockmutt said:
where is this all taking place?? did a bunch of dudes buy a shop and just share it or what?

That is Sean (Gearman), and Bills (welder boy) new 10,000 sq. ft. shop in Rancho Cordova.
Seans well established company, River City Differentials, and Bills company WELDER BILL'T, MFG. share the shop, and they work together on many axle projects such as custom lengthening, custom built steel D60 knuckles, axle trueing, etc.
Its a very well equipt shop, and they are turning out some nice product.

Their ph numbers are.
RCD: 916-852-7109
WELDER BILL'T: 916-628-9364

·
Registered
92 Posts
H8monday said:

Bill Rowlette (owner of WELDER BILL'T, MFG.), and commonly referred to as "Welder Boy", is designing and fabbing the entire project. He has been great to work with, he has listened to my input, and is fabricating the design around my driving style(if you can call anything about my driving,"Style":D ).
The entire cage is Tig welded, and his welding skills are awsome.
Im used to beauty grinding most of my welds, then covering them with a thick coating of primer and paint.
Bills welds are like artwork, I almost want to clear coat it and forget about paint.

The general workmanship looks nice, but not to be critical, some of the landing points of various pieces of tube look questionable to me personally. There seems to be a number of tubes that land not in line with other tubes creating what I would believe to be some structural weaknesses. I am not saying it wouldn't survive a roll, but some minor differences in design it seems like could make some significant improvements in strength. Just my 2 cents, looks nice in workmanship though!

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Beartrack said:

The general workmanship looks nice, but not to be critical, some of the landing points of various pieces of tube look questionable to me personally. There seems to be a number of tubes that land not in line with other tubes creating what I would believe to be some structural weaknesses. I am not saying it wouldn't survive a roll, but some minor differences in design it seems like could make some significant improvements in strength. Just my 2 cents, looks nice in workmanship though!

Many spots are awaiting off set gussetts, and D rings, for spotters strap points and recovery points. Also gussetts that will be also be used for body panel attachments. Some bars also need to be completed that will incorporate the floor pan and body panels.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts