Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just want to know why you guys take a good lookin body thats just great and then take it an hack it all up.i just dont see the reasoning behind it other than you guys just cant drive a tall truck without rolling it.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I'm sorry I did not understand your question:rolleyes:

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
82 Posts
WOW is this how us newbies rack up our post count! Post hundreds of padding posts so we can become hardcore! :rolleyes: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
605 Posts
Dude why don't you post something worthwhile that has to do with TECH. My guess is that the majority of these guy's are into big rocks and hack their shit to allow minimal lift to fit bigger tires and acheive their desired flexy suspensions without a tall zuk. They want to keep high ground clearance with a low center of gravity and a stable wheel base for spidering through the massive rocks that they like.....
Well did I get at least a little of that right??

I'm just a fawking mewb and I got some of that right:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Scott

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I just cut up my wheelwells on my rustfree sami (one of the cleanest I've seen in these parts) and didnt mind a bit! What am I suppose to do? Stick with 31's just so I didnt have to cut it? I dont think so!:flipoff2:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok tell you what give me your good fenders and ill give you my smashed ones that you can hack on i kinda like the body to look good.oh and i run 35s on mine with no problem

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
zukzilla4x4 said:
i just want to know why you guys take a good lookin body thats just great and then take it an hack it all up.i just dont see the reasoning behind it other than you guys just cant drive a tall truck without rolling it.
Sheet metal is dumb.

When I'm down to my 4runners frame, axles, and a pair of t-cases... and the rest of it is tube... I'm going to put a zuk hood and grille on it and call it a Zuk.

Simply because I can't stand people who bitch about vehicle authenticity. Who cares? *shrug*

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Capn_Crunch said:
I hack them up for shits and giggles.

Whoa! I just padded my "NEWBIE" status!
Welcome Capn_ glad to see your still in the zuk game

·
Registered
600 Posts
I bust a nut every time I touch a sammi with a new sawzall blade....he he:flipoff2:

·
Registered
945 Posts
sheetmetal is :rainbow:

I still have all mine, but with 32's it doesn't matter. Once it becomes a problem, it will go. If i wanted a nice clean rig i wouldn't have bought a samurai in the first place :flipoff2:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I Agree with the Bustin a nut when Hackin. JP008 was over a week ago and said somethin about havin one of the cleanest bodyies hes ever seen in a zuk. My Hell, Its just metal and too much of it at that. I need a plasma Cuter

·
Registered
283 Posts
you ask why... we ask why not???

i believe it's called personal preference :flipoff2:

:smokin:

·
Registered
330 Posts
sawzall vs. sledge hammer

i just put 33x12.50 tires on my zuk ....it didnt have enough clearnce at the back of the front wheel wells and since there isnt a staight peice of sheet metal on the thing i massaged both rockers with a 12 lbs sledge now the tires fit and im a happy camper......this just proves that you dont have to cut up your zuk to have larger tires.......

but someday im gonna break out the sawzall and do a little trimming................................

·
Registered
705 Posts
My tin is still straight only because I don't wheel it half as much as I should. Even so, when I get that first major rock rash I'm bustin out the blue wrench:flipoff2:

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
Thought this was a hardcore rockcrawling board? Tube slides, sheetmetal doesn't. Ditch the windshield, targa and doors and lower your CG. Tall trucks suck in the rocks.

I would have been really hosed here with sheetmetal.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Well do to the fact that I live in the noth east and we use salt on our roads my 95 sammy looked like a 78 scout! That is one reson I cut it up!

Oh yeah Tall trucks are :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts