Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
12,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had to close today for a few hours due to the Fire at the end of town -it sure is unnerving seeing the black smoke-and hearing the road closures and hearing about peoples houses burning-Jess

·
Registered
12,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right now All the roads going down are either not moving or closed- The Gas stations have lines so long its stupid- We will go north if the fire progresses farther into town -So far I have heard all residences down from pearson are evacuating-There are three evac centers open and appear to be full -There are school busses lines up just waiting -Its gettin wierd -The last road going out on the east of town is backed up about 15 miles long with people trying to go down to the valley (it appears from my vantage point that is right where the fire is burning the worst- Jess

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
wow, sounds crazy jess...

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
fire sucks - i had a small one near my house today, hear about it on the radio when i was at work - talk about making you heart pump -

let us know if we can help if shit happens - and that was my little bro that ordered the shaft today after lunch

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
Wow, my prayers are certainly with you guys...

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Wow, hope everything is alright. Is the fire anywhere near your home?
x2. everything ok, jess?

my shaft isnt THAT important.:laughing::D There were several fires around us today... scary shit.:eek:

·
Registered
12,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It appears to have gone south -For the night- We are quite lucky -Allot of people at the edge of town lost homes- There were horses all over the Arena near our home- Most lost there homes -Terrible -It sure make you grateful for what you have- I should be back at the shop tomorrow -I Needed to make sure that our trailers were ready if we had to run for it- Jess

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
My daughter lives in the upper part of town by K Mart. She called me earlier to tell me that things were kinda crazy. How far up into town did it get? She was told they were evacuating the lower part of town up into the Taco Bell area.

·
Registered
12,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They are still concerned about the lower part of town -We actually live diagonally across from K-mart its a small world - Things look better this morning- But I heard 40 homes distroyed -There are over 70 horses at one arena displaced-We are still ready yo boogie if we have to- Jess

·
Registered
12,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well there seems to be a concern now on the west of town -near the canyon rim-The wind is blowing down there and that's a bit closer to Our home that I want to tell you- There having precautionary evacuations 2 miles away- Damn I hope they hit this with all they have -Jess

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
how big are they saying the fire is? best of luck.....

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
Last I heard earlier this morning, it was well over 20 thousand acres. the winds are not helping much.

Hey Jess, my daughter lives a block down off Wagstaff

·
Registered
562 Posts
how big are they saying the fire is? best of luck.....
Hope everything stays OK -

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/state/20080613-0901-ca-californiafires.html
The fire, which started Wednesday, had grown to more than 20,000 acres and threatened 4,600 structures, according to the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection. Twenty homes were confirmed to be destroyed, but officials said that number likely could double once crews were able to better assess the damage.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Thoughts and prayers for you and everyone involved...

Chris:cool2:

·
Premium Member
10,659 Posts
Good luck to you all. My Friend lost his Shop/Barn but managed to get all his car collection out be for it and half of his house burned to the ground.
Thank God they are all safe

·
Registered
12,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We just had a bunch of smoke come over the canyon rim an hour ago-Then it was gone -Up and down like a yoyo-This is a picture of where we are in relation to the valley the red arrow is the shop- You can see the canyon right near -I know it looks way different now- Jess

1 - 20 of 41 Posts