Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
dude, take care of your family and home, my shafts are of no importance right now in this situation...take care my friend!

·
Registered
12,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Don't you worry those things we well taken care of first- We can still get out of town if needed the east side road is open and traffic is not moving-But we will wait til we see flames to make that choice- Once you leave town they are not letting anyone back in -Jess

·
Registered
14,711 Posts
my thoughts are with you. i've been through both recent fire storms in so cal. we were ready to go both times when they gave the evacuation notices. it sucks seeing all the homes go up, and all the animals left behind.:( hopefully customers wont get pissy if you're not around to handle business.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
My buddy Matt and his family were evacuated the other day. Scary shit right there. It reminds me of the fire that happened on Hwy 32 and up into the canyon about 8-9 years ago.

Hopefully they get to go home tomorrow.

·
Registered
12,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I have only missed a couple hours so far- And Its much better today- The fire moved up into the other end of the canyon-Jess

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I have only missed a couple hours so far- And Its much better today- The fire moved up into the other end of the canyon-Jess
your a bad ass. :grinpimp: Workin while there is a fire headed your way. :eek:
If you need any help, im sure there are lots of people on here ready to run your way, us included.

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
Unfortunatly my bosses mother in law lost their home thursday night. Sucks because it was a fairly recent remodel. :(

·
Registered
12,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Sorry to hear about that- I knew 5 of the home owners who lost homes -Sad -It appears today they only have the threat of the caynon we drove out to the canyon edge last night and it was aways away-and copters were hitting it hard-I have to say a big thankyou to all who faught the fires and those who helped people save animals and exacute -The town did quite well with that- There was a problem with people exacuating They said to soon -Hopefully live and learn -I did have a small issue with work not having ups for two days- come monday it will be balls out when the parts come in-Jess

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
I am working on a friends trans now that needs to assist with the fire. He needs to leave right away.

I went up the mountain this morning and cut a load of wood. (in last years 100,000 acre burn we had behind the house) By the time I was heading back in toward Janesville, I could not see the Honey Lake Valley from all the smoke. It is super windy up here right now. How bout on your side of the hills?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I start our regional fire academy next month. All I want to do is be there helping out, but I will have to wait until next summer.

As others have said, let us know if you or anyone else there needs anything.

Its good to hear that things are looking good for you right now.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
All of our boys came home this morning...they said the line in Demob was crazy, and that usually means things are starting to wind down...they are definately glad to be out of the heat and back to the cooler ocean climate!!!

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
My buddy Matt and his family were evacuated the other day. Scary shit right there. It reminds me of the fire that happened on Hwy 32 and up into the canyon about 8-9 years ago.

Hopefully they get to go home tomorrow.
They weren't evacuated, they just weren't allowed up the hill. I think that was a large part of the problem. No one was allowed up the hill, didn't matter if you were in the evacuated areas or not. We were in the evacuated area, but had I been able to come home, would have stayed until there was a real threat. Instead, my wife joined the masses for the three hour trip out. I know of a few other couples that did the same thing so their families were not seperated during the ordeal.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts