Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
I searched everywhere myself with no luck. So I made my own in a way. I used an old bikini and put a "window" in it and some metal eyelets on 3 sides to zip tie it to the roll cage. Still use my other bikini and soft doors and it works real well.:D

·
Registered
324 Posts
i believe kayline makes one. i almost bought one this past summer, so i know they are being made, jsut cant remember exactly by who. go to www.thejeep.com there is a link to a store there called turner 4wd. they are who pointed me in the right direction. if i remeber anything else i will let you know, scott

·
Registered
169 Posts
I am looking for the same thing for my YJ in a weatherproof design; so far no company has answered the call. Let us know what you come up with.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Bestop should come out with a cap top for CJ and YJ this March. I tried to order one and the salesman told me that they will not be produced till then. It should run about $380

·
Registered
291 Posts
california tops makes em.

I have a cal top for my YJ, the guy even custom made the cutouts on the top to fit my spreaders for my roll bar.

www.californiatops.com

the only down side is getting ahold of the guy, leave a message and email him and he will respond. also took over a month to get it but then again it was coming from Canada.

a friend of mine has one on his CJ too, but it does have a late YJ roll bar in it. plus he put a smitty built front hoop for a full cage.

the top comes with prefabbed cutouts for spreaders. but mine were a little off so he custom cut them in the places I asked him too.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Well, he IS an ass. Don't expect anything from him in a HURRY, as GaJeep94YJ said above. I also wouldn't order anything from him that I didn't use a credit card on. Lastly, his customer service is pretty much non-existent.

Having said that, the products are decent, at a fair price. If you own a YJ/CJ, he's the ONLY game in town, for this style currently (that I know of). I'm eager to see what Bestop has in the works for us on this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
I bought one of his tops 2 years ago. I got it through hansen's 4x4. (do a net search he's got a site) Josh Hansen does a lot of "front end work" selling the Cal Tops, and he's all about customer service and a good all-around guy to talk to.

I actually sold my Cal Top for the fact that there is no way to tension the top material, so it' a bird bath when it sits, and a big-top tent when driving. not a big deal, but irritating. I think this would be less of a problem with the 1/2 top. (I had the full)

the build quaity IMO is much better than Bestop.

EDIT; paid $350

1 - 16 of 16 Posts